cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Welcome to Alteryx Academy! We hope you enjoy the journey. Let us know how we can improve your learning experience by completing this survey.
With our short, effective, relevant, and interactive lessons that include videos, activities, and quizzes, you'll be up and running in no time!
Interactive Lessons
With our short, effective, relevant, and interactive lessons that include videos, activities, and quizzes, you'll be up and running in no time!

Blending Data with Joins

Alteryx
Alteryx

Lesson Objective:    Starting your adventure in data blending?  Learn how to associate rows in two different datasets to each other with a data Join.   

Estimated Time: ~6 Minutes

Description:  

• Understand the concept of a Join to associate data in different datasets. 
  • Learn the methods by which two datasets can be Joined together and the significance of the results from a Join. 
  • Configure the outputs of your Join to best suit your analytics needs. 
  • Quiz yourself on what you've learned! 

Recommended Follow-Up Training: Understanding Data Types, Blending Data with Unions

Comments
M_G
Meteor

@ChristineB

A relatively new Alteryx user -

I need to join a local Excel file with a very large table in a database. In using In-Db connection and tools to speed up processing, it works fine but I can't seem to be able to make a join on my local file. It was suggested to use 'Data Stream In' tool to get data into the DB. Unfortunately, I don't have write privileges on the DB or the leverage to get such access. Is there a way to make a join on these two data files? In MS Access that would be a breeze to connect these two files through ODBC, I'm hoping Alteryx offers something similar.

Regards,

M_G 

dpuerto
Atom

This video has a few technical issues. At some points repeats the video play. Also, the video muted and stops.