Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

Think Like a Champion: Grand Prix Winners Live Q+A - April 6th 10:00AM

NataliaV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

We are bringing Inspire back to take over your screens, May 18th – May 21st, 2021, and know it wouldn’t be Inspire without the Grand Prix. We want to get our Community PUMPED to join us. What better way to prepare for the competition that a one hour Q+A with past winners!

We have Inspire Europe 2018 Grand Prix champion @kat Katrin Erb and Inspire North America 2018 Grand Prix Champion @NicoleJohnson Nicole Johnson ready to answer your competition questions.  

Screenshot of Grand Prix AMA Graphic - 7 x 5 in (1).jpg

Not familiar with our Champions? Here’s a little bit about them:

Before using Alteryx, Excel was Katrin's weapon of choice. @kat started using Alteryx towards the end of 2017 and never looked back. After completing all the Weekly Challenges, she decided to try out for the 2018 London Grand Prix and somehow managed to win it. Katrin first used Alteryx at a large bank, where she automated business processes. From there she moved into Alteryx consultancy and later became a Product Manager at BankClarity. 

@NicoleJohnson still gets chills when she thinks back to that wild Grand Prix win at the 2018 Anaheim Inspire… After a blazing fast first round and a dismal second round, it all came down to a photo finish – literally! With the clock winding down and a just split-second before her competition, Nicole became the first ever individual female Grand Prix winner! 

They will be online fielding your questions on April 6th 10:0AM – 11:00AM PST so if you’ve been on the fence now is the time to find out their X-factor to win. Feel free to drop your questions ahead of time in the comments below.  

We put a call to our solvers to race to solve workflows for the glory of Grand Prix Champion 2021. Want to learn more? Check out our blog to register.

Rumor has it all Grand Prix Champions build workflows vertically, how do you build out your workflows?

pollcode.com free polls
11 REPLIES 11
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Although not a Grand Prix winner 💔, had to represent #TeamVertical in that poll! 

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm super curious which team ranks supreme. #teamhorizontal

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

former Grand Prix question writer and pit crew member says #teamVertical !!

kat
12 - Quasar

That's definitely just a rumour 😉 #TeamHorizontal

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

That is a ridiculous rumor. #TeamHorizontal all the way!!

Cheers!

NJ

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

PS. I am SO SO excited to chat Grand Prix with you @kat !! Besides the one I was in, yours was definitely my favorite 🙂

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

I am starting to think that this is a rumor... 🤔

Flávia Brancato
chris_love
12 - Quasar

Won two Grand Prixs back to back, if memory serves me right I won the first vertical (it was the only choice back in 2013) then the next in horizontal.

So I say it doesn't mater 🙂

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@chris_love , I was right behind you both years and I thought we were running vertical back then. I know I changed my computer back to vertical when I won in 2015 because the default was horizontal, but can't recall if I had to customize it in 2014. That was the year of tableau integration for the grand prix along with containers... You are correct though, whatever works is good. As long as we can change back to vertical, I won't protest.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind horizontal so much if they kept it to a simple 90 degree turn, but they add in a mirror flip which puts the right side of join down and then true side of filter up...