Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

Share Your Best Practices from Inspire 2023

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Share Your Best Practices from Inspire 2023

Never Stop Learning

Training at Inspire 2023 only lasts for 2 days, but you can still discover and share your best practices with other users. Use this page to share the best practices that you learned during the conference. On this page, you can post the following:

• Best practices for Alteryx products
  • Workflow design examples
  • Pro tips and tricks
  • Aha! moments

Post your submissions between May 22, 2023 and June 30, 2023. After the submission window closes, you can continue to visit this page to review existing posts. As a bonus, users who post within the submission window will receive a special Alteryx Community badge after June 30, 2023. We may even feature your best practice in a future training!

This webpage is a place to share your learnings, best practices, pro tips, and techniques only. All posts that include unrelated content or violate Alteryx Community guidelines will be deleted. Do NOT include sensitive or proprietary data with your submission.

All submissions are the property of Alteryx. Posts made outside of the submission window will not be reviewed or considered for Community badge rewards.

11 REPLIES 11
SparkleMotion
5 - Atom

Pretty basic, but sometimes, I am really struggling with data, and cache and run can take too long. At the pain point, I save the data to a yxdb and open a new work flow, drop the yxdb in there, and develop the tools I need. When I have it working, I take the tools and drop it back into the original work flow, right before I had exported the yxdb. 

shawnmacnova21
7 - Meteor

I update my user settings to make annotations stand out; Sliver background with Black text for me. Not only to they stand out, but I can see where I need more and add them!

AvaCameron
5 - Atom

One of the most exciting things I learned about today was "Cache and Run Workflow"  !!!  How had I missed that in the menu all this time???  That's brilliant especially since I'm on rural internet and this is going to save so much time during creating/updating workflows.  There were SO MANY other things I learned today, too!  What great sessions.Just WOW! Can hardly wait for tomorrow.  :) 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

One thing that I'll definitely be using is searching the community leveraging advanced google searches. Prefacing the search with 'site:community.alteryx.com' will narrow the results, and often surfaces answers quicker than the built in community search. 

shawnmacnova21
7 - Meteor

Better searching on the community?? Please elaborate!

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@shawnmacnova21  just preface your google search with site:community.alteryx.com and it will limit the results to just the community.

I wish I could remember who told me this at Inspire - all credit to them 😁

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SparkleMotion

Thank you for sharing your personal workflow tips with the Alteryx Community! Even simple tips are great to share.

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @shawnmacnova21

Thank you for sharing your workflow design tips with the Alteryx Community. What a great way to make those annotations pop!

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @AvaCameron

We're glad to hear that you learned something valuable at Inspire! Thanks for sharing how this tip helps save time when using rural internet too! We hope the rest of the training at Inspire was equally useful.