Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

Rap battle music video

MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey all, happy Inspire week!

Between sessions on Day 1, we played a rap battle video between a "data scientist" and a "classical statistician." If you were watching the chat feed, a bunch of you went crazy for the video so I thought I'd share it again here!

A little back story - we wanted to put out a podcast series looking at data science through the lens of statistics, then take a deep dive into causality. @SydneyF was our guest host for the series, and during a prep conversation with @NeilR and @TaraM, she described her vision of a "statistics vs. data science rap battle." The idea was born! 

Video and podcast episode links below - enjoy!

Alter Everything podcast episode 43: Data science through the eyes of statisticians

Alter Everything podcast episode 44: Causality 

Alter Everything podcast episode 45: Interpretability and fairness through the lens of causal infere...

15 REPLIES 15
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Wouldn't turn down an acoustic version of the rap battle too! 😁

Bulien
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

An acoustic version of the Rap Battle, sung in the style of Morrissey.

Bulien

MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey folks!

Here with an update on the acoustic data song you heard after one of the keynotes. We don't have access to share the video broadly, but I'm happy to pass along the artist's name (Rebecca Perlmutter), as well as her LinkedIn and website.

So glad you enjoyed the music!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Great, I really enjoyed that one!

VClark
5 - Atom

Rebecca Perlmutter's performance on Day 3 starts just after minute 57:17.

@MaddieJ, thank you for researching the information on her, it is great to have her name.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Thanks for the heads up @VClark 

Joe Lipski