6/17/21: We have completed maintenance for the Search functionality on the Community. If you are seeing any issues, please try to clear your cache first. If the issue persists please email Community@alteryx.com

Inspire | Buzz

The go-to community resource for Alteryx Global Virtual Inspire conference attendees. Ask questions, connect with peers & share your experience!

Rap battle music video

MaddieJ
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hey all, happy Inspire week!

Between sessions on Day 1, we played a rap battle video between a "data scientist" and a "classical statistician." If you were watching the chat feed, a bunch of you went crazy for the video so I thought I'd share it again here!

A little back story - we wanted to put out a podcast series looking at data science through the lens of statistics, then take a deep dive into causality. @SydneyF was our guest host for the series, and during a prep conversation with @NeilR and @TaraM, she described her vision of a "statistics vs. data science rap battle." The idea was born! 

Video and podcast episode links below - enjoy!

Alter Everything podcast episode 43: Data science through the eyes of statisticians

Alter Everything podcast episode 44: Causality 

Alter Everything podcast episode 45: Interpretability and fairness through the lens of causal infere...

15 REPLIES 15
Kenda
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Oh man this is great!

mbarone
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I generally do not like rap music at all, but I absolutely LOVED this!

NeilR
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

The video is hilarious, but I love the song even more. It's in my Spotify Liked Songs playlist. Got a great beat. My wife just told me to turn it down.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

BABA BRINKMAN IS BACK BABY

Joe Lipski - Alteryx ⒶⒸⒺ
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@MaddieJ do you have the acoustic data science song? @andyuttley would love it... maybe we should get Andy and his guitar up their next year 😉

Joe Lipski - Alteryx ⒶⒸⒺ
TheOC
12 - Quasar

yeah lots of requests in the chat for the acoustic data science song!

MaddieJ
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Joe_Lipski@TheOC, what a good idea, would love to get @andyuttley on stage!

We don't have an acoustic version... yet! Maybe this should serve as an unofficial call for covers of the song 😍

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@MaddieJ there was an acoustic song (about Python's) that I heard on Day 3, I think it might have been in the final keynote... It was a women singing with her guitar which was very good, so was wondering if you had a copy that you could share/link

Joe Lipski - Alteryx ⒶⒸⒺ
MaddieJ
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Oh oh! Oops I thought you meant an acoustic version of the rap battle.

Yes let me check and I'll follow up here shortly!