Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

Rap battle music video

MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey all, happy Inspire week!

Between sessions on Day 1, we played a rap battle video between a "data scientist" and a "classical statistician." If you were watching the chat feed, a bunch of you went crazy for the video so I thought I'd share it again here!

A little back story - we wanted to put out a podcast series looking at data science through the lens of statistics, then take a deep dive into causality. @SydneyF was our guest host for the series, and during a prep conversation with @NeilR and @TaraM, she described her vision of a "statistics vs. data science rap battle." The idea was born! 

Video and podcast episode links below - enjoy!

Alter Everything podcast episode 43: Data science through the eyes of statisticians

Alter Everything podcast episode 44: Causality 

Alter Everything podcast episode 45: Interpretability and fairness through the lens of causal infere...

15 REPLIES 15
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Oh man this is great!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I generally do not like rap music at all, but I absolutely LOVED this!

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The video is hilarious, but I love the song even more. It's in my Spotify Liked Songs playlist. Got a great beat. My wife just told me to turn it down.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

BABA BRINKMAN IS BACK BABY

Joe Lipski
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@MaddieJ do you have the acoustic data science song? @andyuttley would love it... maybe we should get Andy and his guitar up their next year 😉

Joe Lipski
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

yeah lots of requests in the chat for the acoustic data science song!

Bulien
MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Joe_Lipski@TheOC, what a good idea, would love to get @andyuttley on stage!

We don't have an acoustic version... yet! Maybe this should serve as an unofficial call for covers of the song 😍

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@MaddieJ there was an acoustic song (about Python's) that I heard on Day 3, I think it might have been in the final keynote... It was a women singing with her guitar which was very good, so was wondering if you had a copy that you could share/link

Joe Lipski
MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Oh oh! Oops I thought you meant an acoustic version of the rap battle.

Yes let me check and I'll follow up here shortly!