Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

Macros for Online Geospatial Data Mining now available in the Alteryx Public Gallery

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

As promised in my Inspire session (Data Is the New Oil. Come Wildcat for Geospatial Crude), I have published the two macros I demonstrated.

Stream Online Shapefile - this macro requires that the freeware compression software 7-Zip (download here) be installed

Get ArcGIS REST layer

Enjoy!

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
11 REPLIES 11
Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Despite my best efforts, the REST macro is missing a dependent macro.

Also, despite my best efforts, I am having a login issue with the Public Gallery.

I will update the macro at my earliest opportunity. Until then, both the dependent macro and the macro that calls it are attached here.

Thank you for your patience.

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for the updates, @Hollingsworth

Flávia Brancato
LaureTJ
5 - Atom

Thanks for the session at the conference, it was one of the most useful for me!

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Good news! The Get ArcGIS REST Layer macro has been updated in the Public Gallery here. Thank you for your patience.

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
Nelliebell
5 - Atom

Hey John
It looks like there is still an issue getting to the public gallery. I get the page not found error.

Thanks!

Tori

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Thanks @Nelliebell,

I was finally able to upload the macro under my account. The new URL is:

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Get-ArcGIS-layer/6109a2c08a93370394b94d36

Thanks for your patience.

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
nnickerson
6 - Meteoroid

I downloaded the Macro and attached it to my Workflow.  I received this error though:

Error: Get ArcGIS layer (5): Record #1: ParseArcGISRESTServicesSimple (4): Tool #27: No valid fields were selected.

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Thanks for the bug report.

Just this week I experienced that error on Census TigerWeb URLs. I debugged and found that they recently added cookies to their header requirements. So the tool is broken for sites that mandate cookies until I can fix it.

I'm super busy now so I'm not sure when that will happen. Feel free to add the cookie handling and send me the fix and I'll add it to the tool and give you credit. Other than that, you'll have to wait until I get some time to fix it.

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
dbarach
5 - Atom

Hi John,

Would you possibly be able to post the macro here?  It looks like the gallery has changed quite a bit and the link no longer works.

Thanks!

Diane