Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

Lego Me!

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Everyone!

I hope we are all getting buzzed about Inspire 2019 in Nashville which is now just over a month away! I know I'm excited to head over to the states to see everyone and everything Alteryx have to offer!

2019-05-07_09-17-43.png

At the conference I'll be presenting a talk on how I built a workflow which converts a portrait image into a lego set; pretty cool right?!

Original PhilOriginal PhilLego PhilLego Phil

Well, during the session, I will also be giving one individual the chance to win a legoset of their own face!

To enter, just follow these steps;

1. Take a square photo of your head, use the picture of @PhilipMannering above as an example (make sure you have a plain background, try to reduce shadow and don't wear a jazzy scarf, cough @NicoleJohnson)

2. Load your picture to the dropbox that can be found here (please include your name and email address (with which you registered to Inspire with, when you upload!): https://til.bi/LegoMe

2019-05-07_09-13-37.png

Both the above steps can easily be done through mobile, so hopefully this won't take too much effort!

And of course, some competition rules;

1. One winner will be chosen via a random generator during the session. The chosen entrant will be contacted the week after Inspire 2019 to arrange delivery (and an opportunity to take/choose another photo). 

2. Your email address will be cross-checked against a list of registered email addresses for Inspire 2019; if you are not registered your entry will b e removed.

3. Bonus points for attending my session!

As a runner-up prize, everyone that submits there photograph will be emailed a pdf file containing their 'Lego Self', alongside a sheet which details which products are needed to build the portrait, which can be used to purchase the appropriate parts from the Lego Store themselves.

Thanks; I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Ben

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Please include your email addresses as the image title; Dropbox do not share your email addresses on submission I have identified; for those who have already submitted, I will reach out via message to get your email address :)

Ben

6 REPLIES 6
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I'm going to have to put this into practice x3 for each of my kids! Or maybe just create one for a photo of all of them :)

jeniferpeden
7 - Meteor

I cannot tell you how excited I am for your session.  We have a Lego obsession at my house, so this will be an awesome new 'set'! :D

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

Ben, what a brillian idea!  Could I submit a picture of my dog instead of me?  Would much prefer to see a picture of him :-)

Maureen

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@Dynamomo sure you can! But you may find it difficult to get your dog in front of a plain background, but feel free to give it a go!

Ben

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Please include your email addresses as the image title; Dropbox do not share your email addresses on submission I have identified; for those who have already submitted, I will reach out via message to get your email address :)

Ben

Williamcai
7 - Meteor

Hi Ben,

I went to your session. That's a great one. I din't able to get a seat since I arrive a little bit late :-)

BTW, is there any place I can find your workflow? I want to try it on my cat.