Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

Inspire themed Weekly Challenge!

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks to @kelly_gilbert -- we have a special Inspire Nashville themed Weekly Challenge this week!

Check it out for yourself here: Challenge #166: I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - at Inspire

For those who aren't familiar with the Weekly Challenges, each week we post a use case where you can put your Alteryx skills to the test. You are encouraged to share your answers and collaborate with other challengers to arrive at an answer.

Kelly,

i'd love to hear more about how this whole road-trip to Nashville came about?! Sounds like a blast!

2 REPLIES 2
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

We did a similar challenge last summer (the idea of one of my coworkers), and it was a LOT of fun and really useful for developing good habits around staying active during the day! After that challenge ended, I started looking for a new destination that we could reach in ~3 miles/day. Inspire was in the back of my mind, but the distance was too short as we're based in Atlanta.

A friend gave me the idea of National Parks, so I started looking for national parks or trails near Nashville. I learned about the Natchez Trace Parkway, a scenic roadway that follows a historic travel corridor through Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee, ending just south of Nashville. Along its ~450 miles, the parkway passes several towns, sites related to Native American history, and sites related to the American Civil War. I thought it would be interesting to learn about those places as we "walked" the parkway.

To date, we have 11 active participants:

• 4 have completed the challenge already (including me, @calampert, and @Calliecobbs)!
  • 2 more are meeting the goal pace of ~3 mi/day to make it to Nashville in time for Inspire
  • 3 are just shy of the goal, so hopefully they'll be able to catch up during these last weeks
  • 2 coworkers joined late, so they set a goal of making it out of Mississippi!

(I also had some fun using our favorite Alteryx tools as our map markers... I'm Dynamic Rename!)

map_20190529.PNG

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Oh my goodness! This is amazing. It's always exciting to get a glimpse into how our Community uses Alteryx outside the traditional work environment.  Thank you again for sharing @kelly_gilbert!