Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

How has Alteryx changed/transformed your career trajectory?

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

From personal experience, Alteryx has enabled me to work cross functionally with different departments within my company. When new projects arise, I'm now one of the first people contacted for data analytics and automation. 

Curious to hear from others on how utilizing Alteryx has transformed your current role, or lead to new opportunities. 

Cheers!

Phil

1 REPLY 1
SGolnik
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I was mentioned in Libby's keynote about being a lifelong learner. Alteryx actually made my career in my opinion. I was starting to move into a career in analytics, but I had only gotten as far as changing distribution lists and making adjustments to Webi Business Objects reports. I was really quick to learn software though so when my manager heard about a 1/2 day training for this new software called Alteryx being offered, she sent me. I thought it was an amazing product right away. A week later, a business analyst was talking about how she was still searching for a way to do self-service so that we could remove some of the ad-hoc requests from our department. I remembered about analytics apps in Alteryx and said that I think Alteryx could be a solution. I built my first apps using SQL from other analysts, until I learned to write my own. Through Alteryx I learned how to write SQL, data engineering, product development. I received many promotions as I kept adding more skills and kept growing with Alteryx. I am now a product developer and while I still do a lot with Alteryx, I also have projects that heavily rely on python coding (which I also learned on my own).