Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

FREE Certifications Available at Inspire EMEA!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can find an update on free certifications in this blog

The Certification team is excited to announce that it will be offering free Alteryx Designer Expert and Alteryx Predictive Master Certification onsite at INSPIRE EMEA on Monday, October 17 and Tuesday, October 18. In addition to being able to take the test for free, candidates will enjoy the fact that the exam will be proctored onsite rather than via the typical online proctoring process.

More information and registration details for these certifications coming soon! In the meantime, if you still need to register for Inspire EMEA click here!

Certification_Designer_Expert.pngCertification_Designer_Predictive.png

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx
36 REPLIES 36
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Wondering the same as @peter_gb, doesn't feel free if the training pass is needed !

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

A bit disappointing if a training pass is needed to get in on the Monday or Tuesday, as in previous years the exams could be taken without also needing a training pass, and when I saw the offer of a free sitting for Expert and Predictive, I encouraged my team to go to conference a day early to sit the exams.

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
NataliaV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@peter_gb @Carlithian You must be a Training Ticket holder to register for the Exams for free. Our training ticket allows you to build your agenda selecting courses that fit your needs. 

MPohlers
8 - Asteroid

The training content is focused on beginner or intermediate users but the certs are for absolute power users. Buying the training pass and taking the exam takes away half a day of training, too. Additionally there is a partner event on Tuesday. Who could benefit from the "Free" exam then? Maybe it would be worth rethinking this.

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

@NataliaV is it possible to register for a paid in-person Expert exam during the Inspire? Or is the paid registration available only for online proctoring?

NataliaV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@hanykowska We are not offering Expert outside of the training pass at this event, you will need to take online if not registered for Training

LauraHVogel
Alteryx
Alteryx

We are targeting two separate audiences on purpose. The idea is to offer something for all customers, and you can pick what appeals to you the most! The idea behind the beginner to intermediate level training offerings and various exam levels is to provide something for attendees at all levels.  We are also aware that some EMEA users/attendees are at an advanced level and ready to take the advanced exams without wanting to take additional training. Additionally, some folks will want to take the beginner to intermediate courses but may not want to take an exam onsite. We are offering the Certification Room as place where customers can take the Designer Core Exam if they decide to. Please let me know if I can assisst with any other details! cc @MPohlers 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

"We are also aware that some EMEA users/attendees are at an advanced level and ready to take the advanced exams without wanting to take additional training."

What is the solution for them ?

LauraHVogel
Alteryx
Alteryx
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

In the past there was always an option to sit exams without needing a specific training pass. So I would expect the majority of users who have replied to this thread were also working on that assumption and when there was a promotion to sit the usually paid for exams for free jumped at the opportunity, but are now disappointed by the need to now additionally need a training pass.

In addition there are three levels of exams (ignoring the micro credential). As well as providing a room for those who want to sit the core and advanced, the people replying to this thread are already advanced certified as they are experienced users who have probably been using Alteryx for a number of years and want to sit the Expert and Predictive master exams. These exams currently have a sitting cost of $150 per exam and are three hour proctored exams. So there are attendees to the conference who want the option to sit this in person for a variety of reasons, such as they prefer an in-person exam experience, their corporate laptops don't allow the required software for a proctored exam to be installed, or the original offer of a 100% discount to take the exam at Inspire, as they've already convinced their boss to invest in them attending Inspire.

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com