Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

Engagement Badge Task - Your best session of the day?

StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Inspire#2Tasks.png

The Virtual Inspire is about to begin and we can't wait for it! The weekly challenges are just the beginning, and we wanted to challenge you even more! Want to play and win new fun badges? Are you ready guys?

Share your feedback below about the best session of the day. Which guru revealed new inspirations? What product development thrilled you? What big news got you excited? What training took you to the next level in data analysis?

Long story, short, what thrilled you? Share your best & favorite session with our community on this thread. 

As you complete this fun task, our Community Managers will be granting you the related badge. Remember! At the end of day 4, if you complete all three tasks, you will get the Engaged User Badge as a reward for going all the way!

INSPIRE-#4tasks.png

Simple as that.

Happy sharing! Check out the Engagement Badge Challenge Post here for the full rundown on activities!

Steph Vitale-Havreng
97 REPLIES 97
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@mceleavey 

OK!

It's a very interesting!😅

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Thanks @Paul-Evans it’s so good to hear that people tuned in and found it useful. We’ve also got a post on the Inspire Buzz as we’d love to hear more on your uses for design patterns.

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
mouna_belaid
8 - Asteroid

Loved the Women for Data Science panel!

LukeL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Aguisande,

Very pleased you liked the presentation. What part was most useful to you? (Perhaps we can write a Community post on the topic.) In the meantime, this Pipeline Template may be of use to you:  it serves as an example for most techniques covered in the session.

Keep solving! (Always honored to speak with an ACE -- please reach out any time.)

-Luke

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@luke, I like the idea of writing a Community post on the topic. 😉

Flávia Brancato
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @LukeL 

Thanks for reaching!

As you may conclude if you read this idea: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Design-Patterns-Order-of-execution-Condition... I'm very committed to get order of execution, conditional execution and orchestration within Alteryx.

I think the approach shown is great, and I'll love to see it all together (like in context), because I found out that some of the techniques you describe are familiar to me (Like sequencing through enabling/disabling Tool Containers or injecting XML, or even creating workflows from scratch via XML code within another workflow). 

Btw, the Pipeline template looks great! I'll dive into it whenever I can

LukeL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Aguisande : I'm a big fan of sequencing with batch macros -- it is not the most intuitive approach (enabling/disabling Tool Containers), but it is extremely pliable (you can conditionally execute on any number of factors). The pipeline template leverages this basic technique -- here is another example (isolated, simple).

Happy to answer any questions you have with the template -- very interested to hear what you think.

Keep solving! -Luke