Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

Contestants Please Start Your Engines!

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Alteryx is excited about the upcoming Formula 1 2022 season and wants to get you excited as well! 

DanM_0-1647287962476.png

We’ve come up with a contest to get you to rev your engines in excitement for our partnership with McLaren and get some cool prizes. What prizes you may ask? Well, one's sort of a secret (hint: McLaren related). The other is a free ticket to Inspire 2022 in Denver, Colorado. USA!

Contest

The Drive to Survive series on Netflix has helped Formula 1’s popularity explode over the past few years. Now that Alteryx is a part of this great sport, it’s going to get even bigger! This series takes you behind the scenes of the Formula 1 season and gives an in-depth look at how these billion dollar teams compete with each other, show camaraderie, and the ups and downs of a Formula 1 season. 

Alteryx joined the McLaren team officially in the 2021 Monaco Grand Prix (hint) and was featured on the car the rest of the season. Your job, if you choose to participate, is to watch the new season of Driver To Survive, which covers the 2021 season, and post your answers to the questions below. Get all the answers right, and you are entered into a drawing, where you’ll receive the secret prize and a free ticket to the 2022 Inspire conference.

DanM_1-1647287961494.png

Contest Questions: Reply to the post to submit your answers

1. What episode did the Alteryx logo first appear in?
  2. What did Zack Brown's hockey Jersey say on it? 
  3. What’s the name of the color behind the Alteryx logo on the television screen?
  4. What song was playing in the garage when Daniel commented about the DJ?
  5. What did Lando Norris lose in episode 2?
  6. What city was Daniel running in?
  7. What did you see Daniel eat?
  8. What was Zack’s tattoo of?
  9. What was Daniel doing when he said, “Hello Netflix”
  10. How many different places was the Alteryx logo displayed?

Fun question not a part of the contest:

If you were Zack Brown (CEO McLaren Racing) for a day. How would you use the Alteryx Platform to better the team?

DanM_2-1647287961395.jpeg

Rules

You must have an Alteryx Community account, and only one entry per person is allowed. If you don’t have an Alteryx Community account, select the sign up button on the top right of your screen and create an account. Don’t have a Netflix account, join a teammate who does, have a watch party, and answer the questions together! 

Drawing Prizes:

Grand Prize = McLaren Swag and 1 Inspire ticket (flight, hotel, not covered)

Community Prizes = 10 McLaren gifts.

Contest Dates = Contest runs from 3.14.2022- 4.4.2022

Winners will be announced April 11, 2022 and contacted using the Community account email address.

37 REPLIES 37
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
Spoiler

1. Episode 2 (where they show the car in the Gulf livery which is when Alteryx started the sponsorship)

2. Yetis

3. Orange / Papaya

4. Staying Alive - Bee Gees

5. Golf ball

6. Los Angeles

7. Pizza, but he is served carrots and hummus in an earlier episode

8. Outline of Monza track with the date 9.12.2021 (who is going to tell Zak the race wasn’t in December!)

9. Riding a bike

10. 14 (for each driver Side pod behind driver, driver helmet, halo, rear chassis, race suit, race under suit, tv screen, in garage advertising)

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
Ben_H
11 - Bolide

I suspect you might want to recommend spoiler tags for replies!

Assuming @cgoodman3 has got everything right couldn't everyone just copy/paste his answers?

Either way good luck to all those who enter!

Ben

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Ben_H Good spot! I've moved mine to a spoiler now (it wasn't a default option when I submitted on my phone).

Hopefully I've got it right, I was up to episode 8 so I knew I'd seen the parts of the series which I needed for the answers, it was just a case of flicking back through the content to check the specifics!

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Let me finish the episodes then come back for the questions. 😁

Delliott
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
  1. What episode did the Alteryx logo first appear in? - 2nd Episode
  2. What did Zack Brown's hockey Jersey say on it?  Yetis
  3. What’s the name of the color behind the Alteryx logo on the television screen? Papaya Orange
  4. What song was playing in the garage when Daniel commented about the DJ? Episode 4 - Bee Gees,  Staying Alive
  5. What did Lando Norris lose in episode 2? Golf Ball
  6. What city was Daniel running in? Los Angeles
  7. What did you see Daniel eat?  - Pizza
  8. What was Zack’s tattoo of? - Monza with the date 9.12.2021 
  9. What was Daniel doing when he said, “Hello Netflix”? - Riding a bike
  10. How many different places was the Alteryx logo displayed?  14
mboroto_89
8 - Asteroid
  1. What episode did the Alteryx logo first appear in?

Episode 2 Ace in the Hole

1. What did Zack Brown's hockey Jersey say on it? 

YETIS

1. What’s the name of the color behind the Alteryx logo on the television screen?

Fluro Papaya orange

1. What song was playing in the garage when Daniel commented about the DJ?

Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive 

1. What did Lando Norris lose in episode 2?

A golf ball

1. What city was Daniel running in?

California

1. What did you see Daniel eat?

Pizza

1. What was Zack’s tattoo of?

The Monza F1 Racetrack and the date 9.12.2021

1. What was Daniel doing when he said, “Hello Netflix”

Riding a bicycle

1. How many different places was the Alteryx logo displayed?

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I was on Season 1 and had to fast forward to season 4 to get this (My wife is learning sooo much about F1 tho!)

Spoiler

Contest Questions: Reply to the post to submit your answers

1. What episode did the Alteryx logo first appear in? --> Episode 1(In Ricciado's Helmet, ~2:23mins)

Aguisande_1-1647550700151.png

1. What did Zack Brown's hockey Jersey say on it? --> Yetis 
  2. What’s the name of the color behind the Alteryx logo on the television screen? --> Accordingly to mclaren's website it it called "Papaya Orange"
  3. What song was playing in the garage when Daniel commented about the DJ? --> Staying Alive
  4. What did Lando Norris lose in episode 2? --> Ball of golf (a "little" to the left)
  5. What city was Daniel running in? --> L.A.
  6. What did you see Daniel eat? --> Pizza
  7. What was Zack’s tattoo of? --> Monza track and a date (9.12.2021)
  8. What was Daniel doing when he said, “Hello Netflix” --> He's on a bike
  9. How many different places was the Alteryx logo displayed? --> I documented 78 scenes where you can clearly read the alteryx logo (52 of them in the E05). It's displayed in helmets, inside of halo around driver's cockpit, front of turtleneck-ish shirts of the drivers, racing suit of the drivers, both sides on the car (in the front), both sides of the cars (in the back), 1 mechanic/tech suit and the TV in the meeting room), so different places would be 8.
    Aguisande_0-1647635487640.png

Yep, I'm crazy, I know....

And by the way, the pause and rewind symbols of my remote are completely wiped out!

tstowell
7 - Meteor
  1. What episode did the Alteryx logo first appear in? -Episode 2
  2. What did Zack Brown's hockey Jersey say on it? -Yetis
  3. What’s the name of the color behind the Alteryx logo on the television screen? -Papaya Orange
  4. What song was playing in the garage when Daniel commented about the DJ? -Stayin Alive
  5. What did Lando Norris lose in episode 2? -A Golf Ball
  6. What city was Daniel running in?      -Los Angeles
  7. What did you see Daniel eat? -Pizza
  8. What was Zack’s tattoo of? -Monza Track and the date 9.12.2021
  9. What was Daniel doing when he said, “Hello Netflix” -Riding a bike
  10. How many different places was the Alteryx logo displayed? -14
gabrielong
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

1. Episode 2 

2. Yetis

3. Mclaren/Papaya Orange 

4. Staying Alive 

5. Golf ball

6. Los Angeles

7. Pizza, 

8. Monza track with the date 9.12.2021 

9. Riding a bike

10. 14 

I will tell Zak to also focus on gathering and analyzing data of other teams for comparison.