Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automatic Current month and year creation below the existing data

Pushkar
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I'm new to this platform.  I have year and month column of 2019 in my excel sheet and I want to create a new row which can show current year and current month with existing data. I want to automate this process,

so as and when new month comes it should create new row and union it below the existing data.

Input fileInput fileOutput file requiredOutput file required

7 REPLIES 7
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @Pushkar 

There are actually a ton of ways to do this in Alteryx. I'll show you one....

joshuaburkhow_0-1580047841812.png

The goal here is to get whatever dates you have into the Alteryx date format. From there you can pretty much do anything you need!

Hope this helps! If it does please make sure to mark solved so that others on the community can find it 🙂

All the best!

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Pushkar
7 - Meteor

Pushkar_0-1580049270918.png

once again thank you for quick reply.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I can't see the data file (you'll need to use Options > export if you want to share) but that logic will always add one month to your data. Another way of saying that is if your data doesn't change (ie Dec 2019 is always the last month) then it will always add just Jan 2020. However if you want to run it so that your data gets updated, you need to output that new month so the next time you run it, it gets updated 🙂 

Make sense? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Pushkar
7 - Meteor

@ 

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If you were to build it to output the new month year than the very next time you run the workflow it would add another month year and you could do this all day 😉

Does that answer your question? 

Pushkar
7 - Meteor

yeah, Thank you so much!!!

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

m2i8i8A0H7i8Z5i8[1].jpg

Labels