Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.
SOLVED

Anecdotal time until certification? Any tips?

alsullivan
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone!  I am just curious if anyone would be able to share their work/relevant experience and time to be certified. 

I've heard a good rule of thumb for Core is about 4hrs week for 4 weeks. 

How about the others?  Any tips that helped while preparing?

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @alsullivan ,

I first certified a long time ago, before we had all those guidelines for all the certificates so, for me personally, I started doing some weekly challenges using tags such as data preparation and beginner. 

It took less than one month to get certified, but since I'm a Alteryx partner, my dedication was more than 6 hours per day, but it is really particular and dependable of your data background as well.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

terry10
11 - Bolide

Note that the Alteryx certification are different from other certifications. It's free and open book and intended to be a learning experience, not just a test.

I suggest going through the core certification resources on the Academy, do a bunch of weekly challenges, and then jump in and take the test. Don't worry about passing the first time!! The experience of taking the test will boost your confidence and give you a good sense of what areas you need to dig into further. Go for it!

SGolnik
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I really stressed about it the first time I went through the Core certification process. I put too much pressure on myself, but just as others have said, use it as a chance to learn. Take notes on what you need to learn more on and then do some weekly challenges or brush up on those tools for the next time. This next time when I went to re-certify I didn't realize that I needed to use a recent version of Alteryx (my company was a bit behind) so I made a game out of learning the changes. The study guides that are out on the Community now are a game changer to what was available when the certifications were first offered!!!