Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

A short introduction to the power of design patterns (ACE Track)

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey community!

@joshuaburkhow and I are doing the following session at Inspire. 19th 11am PDT / 2pm EDT, 20th 11am BST, and 5am BST (12pm Singapore / 2pm Sydney)

cgoodman3_0-1621434317884.png

As the title says it is a short introduction to Design Patterns. We get through a lot in 20 minutes but could easily talk for many more! That is why we have a separate blog, which covers loads of common Design Patterns and other Alteryx tips and Tricks - https://www.altertricks.com 

We would be excited to hear from you after you've watched our session.

- What is your favourite Design Pattern

- how do you make use of Design Patterns in Alteryx

- what was your journey from the developer to architect mindset?

Thanks

Chris & Joshua

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
2 REPLIES 2
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @cgoodman3 

I tuned in, what a fantastic session. I spoke to @joshuaburkhow and explained a lot of the patterns you discussed I've started implementing/using as part of a 'mental autopilot', but being aware of doing it helps me recognise new potential design patterns that often crop up.

I think the difference from developer to architect for me was recognising what 'set of tools' do a job, rather than what individual tool gets me a step closer to completing the job. I think this has been useful as now I can put 5-6 tools on a workflow before needing to hit run and see what's being output, which feels effective!

Really Insightful topic, thanks for that!

Cheers,
Owen

Bulien
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@TheOC 

That is great to hear. Yes I agree with the ability to build workflows in that way is a great way to progress. It certainly speed up the time to build the workflow, just think the few seconds it can take to hit run and wait for the workflow to complete are eliminated. When you multiply that up over the course of a year you are probably saving hours!

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com