Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

20 Tips in 20 Minutes

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hot on the heels of our Sydney 40 Tips in 40 Minutes and 2020 Virtual 30 Tips in 30 Minutes@Joe_Lipski and I have taken another turn on the theme....

20 Tips in 20 Minutes! 

estherb47_0-1621029561012.gif

Join us to learn how to work faster in Alteryx, and how to make your workflows run faster.

We are all about the SPEED this time around.

estherb47_1-1621029797486.gif

When?
05/18/2021 at 11:25 PDT or 21:25 PDT, and 05/19/2020 at 03:25 PDT

Can they do it? Yes, we can.
Can Esther make it to the sessions for AP and EMEA? To be determined.....

In the meantime, what is your favorite tip for speed in Alteryx? Please share below.

I love to use the performance profiling to see where things are slowing down (and of course disabling after optimizing the tools)

Cheers!

Esther

5 REPLIES 5
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

My two favorites are: 1) if you don't need that field, get rid of it as early as possible (especially large string and spatial objects), and 2) use reasonable field sizes for your data (do you really need all of those Int64s?)

You can do those things even if you're a newbie... All you need to know is the Select tool (and Alteryx data types)!

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@kelly_gilbert Select is my favorite Alteryx tool!

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Oh you stole mine with performance profiling, thats one of my favourites!

I would have to say the sample tool, sometimes I deal with huge datasets and its nice to not have to run my whole dataset through a workflow to see if it works, so a small sample can be nice to use!

Bulien
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

It sounds like the US show was a hit last night - Thanks everyone for tuning in!

The EMEA and APJ shows will air very shortly!

Please let us know your favourite tips that we couldn't squeeze in this time around!

Joe Lipski
Shifty
12 - Quasar

@estherb47  +1 for the Select tool!