Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

Nested Macros Session - Field Comparison macro

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Finally back from Inspire Nashville!  What a great conference!

I got a chance today to put together the YXZP for the Field Comparison macro I presented in my session "I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND... THROUGH HOW (AND WHY) TO BUILD A NESTED MACRO".

The file is attached!

To test it, simply output the "J" output from a join tool and feed it into the macro.  The macro will dynamically identify all fields which have different values on the "Left" and "Right" sides of that join, based on the field names coming out of the join (EG Field1 is compared to Right_Field1).

This macro will only work if data types are in the same category.

Let me know if there are any questions or issues getting the macro to work!

5 REPLIES 5
tsilva4
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am excited to try this macro because it will be very helpful in my daily job, but we are still on version 11.0.6.

Any chance you can convert it?

sjcrain79
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for sharing this, it's going to come in handy.  Will you be sharing the complete presentation as well at some point?

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

I believe traditionally Alteryx sends out all of the presentation materials a few weeks after the conference is over.  I'd recommend waiting until then if possible so that there aren't multiple versions/sources running around!

biederman
5 - Atom

This was a great session - I learned a lot! Thanks so much for sharing the workflow! This is going to be a big time-saver...

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

@tsilva4 to adjusting Alteryx files for a different version, see the attached document

The last page mentions YXZP files