Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

Inspire Nashville Playlists on Spotify

EmilyS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Alter.Nation, 

In the spirit of "When in Rome" and to help AMPLIFY the excitement for Inspire next week, I created six different "Inspire Nash" playlists on Spotify to help those interested in embracing the country music scene find music that may resonate with their existing tastes. Please find the playlists and their respective descriptions linked below. 

And for those of you that are already "sold" on country music or are a walking country music encyclopedia like me, I've made the two "Top Songs" playlists collaborative, so you can add your own favorites to the list. Please note that these lists are not comprehensive, do not serve to "rank" music and do not necessarily reflect my musical opinions. 

Instructions: Download Spotify on your mobile device or desktop. Click the link of the playlist(s) you're interested in. Login to Spotify, when prompted (if you don't have an account, you can sign up to access the free version). Click "follow" on the playlist and you should see it appear in your list of playlists. 

Have fun with these. See you in Nashville!

3 REPLIES 3
LisaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm loving the classics, do I need cowboy boots?! Thank you Emily! 

GretchenR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

LOVE these, thank you Emily! Gotta say, I'm all about the Classics. And beyond that the Americana (Avett Brothers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Head and the Heart, etc.) But Grundy County Auction, oh yes. 

Fun fact: Malcolm Gladwell interviewed the "Girl Crush" songwriters Lori McKenna, Liz Rose, and Hillary Lindsey on his music podcast, Broken Record. https://brokenrecordpodcast.com/episode-5-love-junkies/

Fun fact #2: "Wagon Wheel" was written by Bob Dylan (chorus in the 1970s) and Ketch Secor from Old Crow Medicine Show finished it in the 2000s. OCMS version is my favorite over Darius Rucker. :) 

See ya'll at Inspire! 

Caveman88
7 - Meteor

Haha Nice I definitely liked those song choices!

Two country songs from 'Ye Olde School' that are my Nashville bound favorites are:

Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way.... - After seeing the change in Nashville over the last seven years... I do wonder.. What Would Hank Do? :)

Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way - Waylon Jennings

The Ride.... - Some folks argue that country music was born in Alabama but died somewhere between Florida and Georgia ;) (jk.. I like a lot of FGL too haha) Being a Nashville Transplant from Alabama, I might also be biased lol. However, the spirit of the song still holds true.. "if your big star bound let me warn ya it's a long hard ride"

The Ride - David Allan Coe

Nashville isn't all country though! We are pretty proud of these guys.. 

Back Down South - Kings of Leon

I hope everyone enjoys their time here and at Inspire! See y'all there. :)

Listen to The Ride on Spotify. David Allan Coe · Song · 1975.