Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Inspire 2018 | Buzz

Stay up-to-date, connect with peers & share your experience!

Contest - Alter.Everything on the Road to Inspire

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Join the Alter.Nation and share how Alteryx alters your life and work! Submit your life-altering analytics story for a chance to win your spot on the Road to Inspire video series, a free pass to the Inspire 2018 conference where you will be featured on the main stage, and other fabulous prizes.

How does Alteryx alter YOUR life?Badge_road-to-inspire.png

Participating is easy! All you have to do is address the following in your submission:

1. How does Alteryx allow you to kick ass at work? 
  2. Show us what YOU do to fulfill your passions outside of work.  

Pro-tip: Increase your chances to win! Surprise & Delight our sights, sounds, and emotions!

How to submit:

You can either reply here on the Inspire Buzz - OR - Use the hashtag #AlterNation & #Alteryx18 on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook to submit your entry. Make sure to mention @Alteryx.

In order to qualify you must include either a video OR photo(s) along with a written response.

UPDATE | EXTENDED DEADLINE! The contest will run from February 14th until March 30th, 2018.

Prizes/Rewards 

• A special badge for anyone who puts themselves out there by entering the contest.
  • SWAG Bags for the top 10 entries across all submissions.
  • Grand Prize winners will be featured in an upcoming episode of Road to Inspire and receive a complimentary pass to Inspire Anaheim or London 2018 (will select up to 5 winners)
  • NEW! -- Top three grand prize winners get a little something extra 😉

When we say "WIN BIG," we mean it.When we say "WIN BIG," we mean it.

Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of Alteryx judges who will evaluate each entry based on the following criteria:STARTS-LIKES.png

• 50% creativity
  • 50% votes, likes or stars from your peers via Community and Social channels 

Check out the official rules here.

5/16/2018 -- UPDATE

Tune in to the ROAD TO INSPIRE video series, featuring our top three grand prize winners!

1. Road to Inspire | Episode One
  2. Episode 2, coming soon...
  3. Episode 3, coming soon...
72 REPLIES 72
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Hey @LeahK, looks like a fun task to work on.  I tweeted this morning just to make sure that I don't miss out on the badge and SWAG.  For newbies like @tessaenns who told me that Alteryx has improved her life 10-fold, I hope that you get great responses.  Beating @chris_love's 10 Reasons why he loves Alteryx video is going to be a challenge.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@LeahK,

I'm taking my Alteryx plate on the road.  Look for it/me on twitter https://twitter.com/MarqueeCrew  I will use your hashtags plus #AlteryxWithAView.

Cheers,

Mark

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@LeahK,

Alteryx is my passion in my career.  I don't work, I create.  I don't count my hours, I count my accomplishments.  It was a really big jump and I'd like to say a risk in starting Marquee Crew, but what is Marquee Cew without Alteryx?  That's when I became @MarqueeCrew here in the community.  Before that moment, I was Dark Matter just waiting for the Big Bang.  While I'm heading for Hypernova, I'm in no rush to get there.  Alteryx gives me gravity to bring others on my journey with me and help to launch their own journeys.  We have #AlterNation, #AlterEverything  & #Inspire18 to look forward to.  When asked, "How do you find time to be as active as you are in the community?" I answer:  "I make time for Community because of the value that it brings to me and because of the appreciation shown for my time and efforts."  I didn't get active to become an ACE, I'm an ACE because of what community gave me in return for these efforts.

My passions outside of Alteryx include my family, my pets, my faith and when I have time for other hobbies; those too.  I enjoy photography and now on the road to Inspire I'll be documenting my upcoming trip for Alteryx enabling new users for my client in an EMEA DataViz(tm) Challenge.  Following that, I'll be joining forces with @SeanAdams and helping out in an AFG event(s) in Bangalore, India.  I'll be working my way through the coming weeks and hope to share some photos of folks joining along the journey.

I'm packing my bags and here's a quick look at what I'll be wearing on this #KickAss journey. 

VIDEO UPDATED: March 14th

Cheers,

Mark

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Here is my entry!

1. How does Alteryx allow you to kick butt at work? 

Alteryx has changed the way that I think when problems arise or opportunities present themselves. The platform is so powerful that it allows me to think through, and test an entire process without harming any data or spending long hours attempting to create something that may not work. Instead of hearing “what are we going to use to do that” you hear, “How can Alteryx do that”. That first step is gone, you can now move directly to how and when. Which not only saves time, but lowers the stress level. Alteryx transforms internal cultures. Teams no longer must think about how, they can focus on the what and where do we use it. In most cases that’s flipping the 80/20 rule. Instead of using 80% of the time to prep, blend, and understand the data and only 20% to analyze the data, Alteryx takes 20% time to prep, blend, and understand the data and 80% to analyze the data. That’s amazing!

2. Show us what YOU do to fulfill your passions outside of work.  

AmyM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Alteryx ALTERS the way I feel about free time!

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Alteryx lets me do all sorts of fantastical things at work...here are some of my greatest hits:

#SANTALYTICS in Broomfield

Alteryx For Good | A Furever Home for Luvin' Arms

10 things I love about Alteryx

It goes to 11 scavenger hunt

The Inaugural Grand Prix

Community Fun Run

Outside of work, I am a mom and as such a role model to my mini-me who LOVES Alteryx and thinks I have the coolest job in the world.  And she's right because I do.Inspire cookie, made by my kidInspire cookie, made by my kid

Tara McCoy
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

How does Alteryx allow you to kick booty at work? 

Alteryx has allowed me to work with many AMAZING people every day. It's thrills me to see all of the workflows and passion for bring data analytics to the world! Go User Groups!

Show us what YOU do to fulfill your passions outside of work. 

Arlo and I like to practice agility!  

TashaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Alteryx inspires me to work hard to take on the big challenges - inside and outside of work! #AlterNation #climbon #Alteryx18

climbs.jpg

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Freshmen students of #MSU, Istanbul learn about new trends in data analytics #altdata. This is their first trial of the code-free and code friendly @alteryx designer on a Saturday! Love introducing people with world of self-service analytics and induce a thrill of solving using machine learning...

Alteryx for freshmen students...Alteryx for freshmen students...