Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Inspire 2017 | Buzz

Stay updated, connect with peers & share your experience!
SOLVED

Show us your Zen and you could Win a FREE Pass to Inspire!

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Inspire17_zen.png

Want a FREE Pass to Alteryx Inspire 2017 in Las Vegas?

All you have to do is share some images of your most beautifully satisfying work of art – your Alteryx Workflows! Maybe you go to great lengths to align all your tools, or have a dozen disparate connections that funnel perfectly into a single tool. Maybe you document in Haiku. Perhaps when you hit run, the connecting lines pulse in a synchronized harmony that is reminiscent of a classical orchestra.

I’ve been reading the iconic best seller, “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.” I am stunned by today's news that the author, Rober Pirsig, has passed away. Pirsig draws so many parallels to our life’s work and how we maintain the engines that keep our lives in motion. The beauty of an engine, be it schematic or in its function, is infinite. I don’t want to go too deep down the rabbit hole of philosophy, but I'd like to see your workflows – workflows that you find beautiful, exude your definition of quality, and are worthy of your efforts to maintain it.

How to Participate

You can submit your art right here, as many times as you’d like. We don’t need the yxmd, unless you want to share it. You need only upload a screenshot, gif, or any image of an Alteryx workflow that conveys your Alteryx Zen. Your submissions will be featured at Inspire Las Vegas within the Community Hub to bring a little Zen to the Solution Center.

Important Dates

• Submit your entries below by May 11th at noon Pacific.
  • We will announce  a winner on May 12th at noon Pacific. 

The winner will be chosen based on a combination of how many stars you receive and what moves us. Everyone who submits their art will be awarded The Zen and the Art of Workflow Maintenance badge and a special piece of limited edition swag we’re making just for the conference. You do not need to be in attendance at Inspire to get the goods, but perhaps your goods will get you there for free!

Tara McCoy
24 REPLIES 24
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

“Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive”

ChiSquare.gif

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
JillWooster
6 - Meteoroid

Pesky Qualtrics student experience survey data transformed into a BEAUTIFUL repeatable Alteryx workflow to be visualized in Tableau for the Dean's consumption

<insert slow 80's movie clap here>

Pesky Qualtrics survey data transformed into a beautiful repeatable workflow.jpg

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

A couple images: the first pair are an example of a "controller" macro that drives an "iterative worker" in order to do prime factorization; the last is, well, just a workflow that pulls a lot of data from a lot of places.

Spoiler
ControllerController
Iterative WorkerIterative Worker

Several PullsSeveral Pulls

JillWooster
6 - Meteoroid

Quit trying to show me up you Ace's and star mine! :) 

Your friend,

Jill Wooster aka Meteoroid 

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

In true CReW fashion...

Zen Workflow.PNG

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I won't pass up Alteryx swag!

I was trying to copy a SQL query to Alteryx. As a first step, I wanted to get all the tables involved. One thing lead to another, and the list of all the tables turned out pretty nice:

Capture.PNG

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Here's one of my workflows demonstrating the magic of Fuzzy Matching

Fuzzy Matching Demo.png

Joe Lipski
DultonM
11 - Bolide

Be mesmerized by the many colors of my Project Organizer workflow! This workflow brings me Zen by keeping me organized! No data required!

Project Organizer Workflow.PNG

2 big bonuses of Alteryx for this kind of idea:

1. Alteryx canvas = limitless space
  2. See the title on the canvas....dive into the details in the Configuration window
jonathangonzales
8 - Asteroid

This is my first workflow I created with Alteryx.

It turned 2 days worth of work into less than 2 minutes.

Capture.JPG