Inspire 2017 | Buzz

Stay updated, connect with peers & share your experience!

Freakonomics Podcast Host Announced as Guest Keynote

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

In case you haven't visited the Inspire 2017 events page recently, I'm excited to let you know that we've announced our featured keynote speaker!

Stephen J. Dubner, author, journalist, and TV personality...  He also happens to be the host of Freakonomics Radio, an award-winning weekly podcast, where he has surprising conversations that explore the riddles of everyday life and the weird wrinkles of human nature -- from cheating and crime to parenting and sports.

As a fan of the podcast, I was pretty stoked to hear the news. For your listening pleasure, here are a few of my favorite episodes:FreakonomicsRadioPodcastLogo.png

Games are as old as civilization itself, and some people think they have huge social value regardless of whether you win or lose. Tom Whipple is not one of those people. That’s why he consulted an army of preposterously overqualified experts to find the secret to winning any game.

Has our culture’s obsession with innovation led us to neglect the fact that things also need to be taken care of?

The gist: discrimination can’t explain why women earn so much less than men. If only it were that easy.     

You know the bromide: “a winner never quits, and a quitter never wins.”
To which Freakonomics Radio says … Are you sure?

Politicians tell voters exactly what they want to hear, even when it makes no sense. Which is pretty much all the time.

Every four years, the U.S. takes a look at the World Cup and develops a slight crush. What would it take to really fall in love? 

As Kevin Kelly tells it, the hippie revolution and the computer revolution are nearly one and the same.

I wonder what Mr. Dubner is going to talk about during his keynote!? Any guesses?

1 REPLY 1
ErikaW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey Leah and Community!

I just wanted to jump in here and say that I've been enjoying Stephen Dubner's new live game show/podcast, Tell Me Something I Don't Know. Whether you're a fan already or a soon-to-be fan, explore the site and the episodes. Fun fact and cool coincidence, Tim Harford, who was our guest keynote at the inaugural Inspire Europe in 2016, was a guest on the most recent episode, "Wannabes." 

Let us know what you think! Hope you're joining us for OUR live event - Inspire 2017! 

Last, but not least, since I'm the Social Media Manager here, I'm going to plug our Twitter handle @alteryx! Follow us for new updates about Alteryx, the Community, Inspire and other interesting news. (We're on LinkedIn, too!)

2017-04-20 at 3.29 PM.png