Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Inspire 2017 | Buzz

Stay updated, connect with peers & share your experience!

Become an Icon of Analytics | Earn your first Inspire 2017 Badge! #alteryx17

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Are YOU coming to Las Vegas for Inspire 2017 to become an Icon of Analytics?  We hope to see you there!

If you answered YES, you’re only a few steps away from earning the first of many Inspire badges designed to encourage members of our Community to share their experience leading up to, during and after the event!

Inspire_registered.png

Here's what you need to do to earn the very first Inspire 2017 Community Badge:

1)   Register for the conference.

2)   If you aren’t already a member of the Alteryx Community, sign up today!

3)   Post one of the following on the Inspire 2017 | Buzz:

• Let us know you're coming by replying to this post and answering one or more of the following questions.

-  Name your Favorite Alteryx Icon.

-  Who inspires you?

-  What’s your Superpower?

-  Cirque Du Soleil or Blue Man Group?

Not yet registered? There’s still plenty of time to take advantage of early bird pricing which ends February 15th!

43 REPLIES 43
Garrett
11 - Bolide

Registered!

-  Name your Favorite Alteryx Icon: Create Profile.PNG (never had an occasion to actually use it, but I like to think that whatever they're up to, those people are having a lot of fun)

-  Who inspires you: Kathrine Switzer

-  What’s your Superpower: productionalization

-  Cirque Du Soleil or Blue Man Group: Cirque

jroot
8 - Asteroid

Looking forward to Inspire 2017! My agenda is just chocked full of awesome training.

-  Name your Favorite Alteryx Icon: I'm hoping to meet some at the show, this year will be the first time for me.

-  What’s your Superpower? Learning new technologies/languages. I've learned a couple of languages normally from books to solve advanced problems.

-  Cirque Du Soleil or Blue Man Group? Cirque Du Soleil, great show, music, acrobatics, and talents.

abrasch
8 - Asteroid

Looking forward to attending my first Inspire. My favorite icon has to be the JSON Create from the CReW macros setJSON Create.PNG

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hope this applies to Inspire Europe too :-)

• Favourite icon: I love the icons that are quietly sarcastic.   Like the union icon that uses DNA strand; or the running total icon that features a runner (by this standard, the weighted average should have featured a shopkeeper with his thumb pressed firmly downwards on the scale); or the header and footer in reports (that have a picture of a head or feet).    
  • Most confusing icons:   Why do the 3 spatial tools have shark-fin icons (buffer; Generalize; and smooth).   Are they spatial tools for locating sharks?
  • Icon most needing an upgrade:   Could we fix the Spearman coefficient icon - all the others in this group have a picture that is self descriptive.   I've proposed a better icon for spearman coefficient below.
  • Icon most likely to end up in trouble at an office party: Yes, multi-field formula - I see you over there looking like a pina-colada with a straw....
  • Icons most likely to realise that they are actually related even though they grew up in different cities: MongodB connector; SalesForce Connector; Sharepoint List Input; and Input Data.
  • Icon most likely to end up on a second-hand Super-hero outfit: Download tool
  • And finally my favourite category: The award for "Icon that most accurately depicts something else" goes to the Condition tool which look likes the international road-sign for "Beware of sun coming out from behind clouds".

Do you think we could find a way to sneak a picture of a Durian Fruit onto an icon.   You can't sneak a durian fruit onto a Singapore Subway train, but perhaps we still have a chance (see image below) to sneak one into Alteryx?

Yes - Durians are ranked right up there with Flammable or explosive goods; and smoking.Yes - Durians are ranked right up there with Flammable or explosive goods; and smoking.A Spear Man....A Spear Man....

tom_montpool
12 - Quasar

The "shark fins" on the spatial icons are actually waves...if you were to go back to the original Alteryx icons this is more obvious.

I forget how to get to it, but there's an Easter egg that reverts many of the icons to the old version.

BufferBuffer

GeneralizeGeneralize

SmoothSmooth

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

+1 for @tom_montpool for knowing they are waves and not shark fins. What's smoother than a wave? I can't think of anything!

@SeanAdams As for the Condition tool...a tool that tests 'whether...or not' I went with the literal weather condition ;)

Tara McCoy
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

:-) I genuinely do love the sense of fun that you've brought to these - and based on your explanation @TaraM, the Condition tool now moves into category 1 - icons that have a subtle sense of humour (I'm kinda bashful that I missed the play on words in this one).

This is one of the great things about the Alteryx product, that you can actually feel and see the impact that people have had on this product over time, and there's an echo of the personality and voice of the team members in there.   That really is precious, and it is similar to what makes this community special - namely that if feels like a place filled with real people rather than a cold corporate machine.

@tom_montpool ; @TaraM- your explanation 'bout the waves does make sense, but if you're not too offended I still prefer the shark interpretation, and sharks can be pretty smooth too :-)

Have a great friday & weekend

Sean

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, everyone!  I am happy to say I am going to Inspire 2017!

Favorite Alteryx Icon:  Margarita Wilshire - she and her team are amazing!  Also, the Autofield tool.  I use it everywhere!

Who inspires me:  Albert Einstein and Gerardus Mercator

What’s my Superpower:  Spatial Match.  As a user group leader, it is a privilege to bring together lots of people from different backgrounds, industries and data experience into one room, and help them share ideas!

Cirque Du Soleil or Blue Man Group?  I love them both, but . . . Cirque Du Soleil!  :)

Looking forward to seeing you all at Inspire!

Deanna
Phil_L57
7 - Meteor

Favourite Icon: Lift Chart 

Very visual representation of what the tool produces

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Registration done - see some of you in London?