Inspire 2017 | Buzz

Stay updated, connect with peers & share your experience!

2 weeks license & data for training?

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

For those of us who work on virtual machines or servers, when will we be getting the 2-week license for our laptops?  With only a week (and two days) left before some of us get in the air, I wanted to make sure everything installs and runs smoothly.  Also, the training data is usually on the downloads site.  Will that be available soon as well?

12 REPLIES 12
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great timing @mbarone! An email is going out today with all the pertinent information, so keep an eye on your inbox. 

Tara McCoy
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Cool; thanks!

ljmiller
7 - Meteor

Did this ever go out?

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@ljmiller the email went out late on Friday. Can you check your spam filters to make sure it didn't slip by? Let us know if you find nothing and we'll make sure you get the necessary information.

Thanks!

ljmiller
7 - Meteor

Thanks Julie.  I wasn't able to locate the email.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I couldn't find the email either.  Did it have an EXE file?  Perhaps our company blocked it.

chris_fort
7 - Meteor

Tara,

I did not receive this e-mail, either.

Chris

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@mbarone@chris_fort@ljmiller -- To make things easier for everyone involved ('cause that's what we do here at Alteryx!) I included all the information you'll need here:

• If you do not have access to download data/zip files via the web, we will be providing USB drives at the conference that provide all the training data and trial key information that you need.

Certain sessions will require additional installs. Please consult the table below for more information:

Course

Date/Time

Required Installation(s)

Introducing Predictive Analytics

Monday, June 5, 2017;
8:00AM - 5:00PM

• Alteryx Designer 10.1 or above
  • Predictive Tools Installation (see details below)

Prescriptive Optimization

Tuesday, June 6, 2017;
10:00AM - 12:00PM

Building Alteryx Data Connectors

Tuesday, June 6, 2017;

• Alteryx Designer 10.1 or 10.5
  • Please navigate to quandl.com and create a FREE account. Please make note of your username and password. Wi-Fi access will be provided at Inspire training and we will be using it to download a snippet of data from the Quandl website as a part of this course.

CReW Macros - Tools You Didn't Know Existed

Tuesday, June 6, 2017;
1:30PM - 3:30PM

• Install the CReW macros provided in the data file under the course name (Macros.zip)

Enhancing Predictive Analysis with Predictive Grouping

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Writing R-Based Macros

Wednesday, June 7, 2017;

See the Future - Time Series Analysis

Wednesday, June 7, 2017;

Links and additional information regarding the installs can be found here:

• Predictive Tools Installation: Installation of the predictive tools is an optional selection at the end of the Alteryx Designer 11.0 installation process. If you did not install these tools when you first installed Alteryx Designer, you may add them using the Help menu inside of Alteryx Designer and selecting the option to install the predictive tools.

For assistance with installation, please contact support@alteryx.com.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Got everything downloaded.  Up and running; thanks!