Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Inspire 2016 | Buzz

Stay updated, connect with peers & share your experience!

Who likes swag???

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

OMG. I am eye deep in graphics, color swatches, and pantone charts. Don't even ask what is piled on my desk right now. Everytime I talk to anyone, they have a great idea that needs a graphic...hi-res, lo-res, vectors, oh my! Inspire is certaily INSPIRING as we brainstorm, plan and scour the web for vendors. One thing is for certain, we will have the SWAG for Inspire!! If you haven't already, REGISTER NOW!

So what's been your favorite conference take-away, either from an Inspire in the past or a different conference? 

Tara McCoy
6 REPLIES 6
cbridges
11 - Bolide

This will be my first Inspire conference, so I'm looking forward to swag!

And my first Tableau conference was a little too late, because prior conference attendees got super cool backpacks that made me really jealous!

Favorite takeaway wasn't free swag... it was a T-shirt I bought that was made by people in underdeveloped areas who are being taught business skills in order to improve their life. So that Tableau T-shirt is personally autographed by the person who made it. Doesn't hurt that it's also super duper soft and the design / colors are really cool.

@thizviz
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

thanks for sharing @cbridges! I love that story about the t-shirt. I am being mindful of where the goods are coming from, choosing local vendors where possible and even handmade Etsy stuff. "Free" should never mean disposable ;) I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Tara McCoy
erik_miller
7 - Meteor

Wow - cool signed t-shirt from people who teach in under developed areas, for the win! Now what I was going to add seems pretty blah...BUT, I picked up a really nice dual-port powerbank with a super bright flashlight at the RSA conference earlier this year - so not only could I charge my phone and tablet, but I could walk in the dark as well (I haven't actually tried this...yet). It was made of metal, so good quality, too.

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Alteryx tshirts (themed like Chuys the mexican restaurant), Keychains with Alteryx tools, lanyards, the Tile (https://www.thetileapp.com/) helps you find your keys from your phone, high capacity phone charger, and moleskin notebooks are my favorite for writing down ideas (Evernote has a new one that can be digitized by taking a picture)!

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Koozies, were suggested from someone else in my office!

Philip
12 - Quasar

I always like lanyards. From Inspire 2016, a cool Alteryx lanyard from which to hang my ID badge would be great.