Inspire 2016 | Buzz

Stay updated, connect with peers & share your experience!
SOLVED

HELP! There's been a murder in the Solutions Center!

Ned
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

We just found T-Ryx, the Alteryx legend, dead in the Solutions Center! Among his possessions we found this note. We're calling on the community to help us solve this crime and keep the Grand Prix running.

I've included the file he mentions, as well as a copy of the normal version, perhaps it will help.

Make sure you show up at the Community Hub with your solution to part 1 before we'll give you the clues for part 2.

14 REPLIES 14
dataMack
12 - Quasar

How about this approach?

imageSolve.png

Ned
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

That was fast work, glad we're making progress. The stakes have been raised though; I've just heard that T-Ryx has been seen alive in the Grand Prix Expo. Clearly this is an impersonator trying to get a chance to derail tonights Grand Prix.

Thankfully I've just received the next message from the real (and very dead) T-Ryx. We need to work fast!

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora
Spoiler
Oops.  I clearly didn't ace it in my first attempt.  Think I got it now though.  ;-)

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The plot thickens!

Alteryx Inspire - Message 2.png

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Capture.JPG

another take

Ned
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Awesome work. The final message has come throught from T-Ryx - I've downloaded the tracking data he mentions and included it below. Once you've identified the suspects let the community team know and they'll alert the authorities. We're nearly there!

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora
Spoiler
Chris Love and Jarrod?  I should have known. :-)
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

While correlation is not causation, meeting 26 times in 5 days is pretty suspicious.

*Edit: John, you are correct. Nice work!

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

I had 26 for them, accounting for the A meeting B is the same as B meeting A; I generated a match key that I forced uniqueness on... there may be other ways to go about it, but in the spirit of the Gran Prix, I hurried.  :-)

Capture3.JPG