Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Inspire 2016 | Buzz

Stay updated, connect with peers & share your experience!

Feel the power of (the Force) Inspire on May 4th & Earn the Badge!

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Tomorrow is May 4th, which is also known as #StarWarsDay ! Some of us here at Alteryx (and others, such as @MarqueeCrew - check out his avatar) wanted to take the opportunity to highlight one of the greatest movie series of all times in a few different ways:

Alteryx | Hangout: Feel the power of (the Force) Inspire 2016  - 8am Pacific

Although it is pure coincidence that our next Alteryx Hangout was scheduled on Star Wars Day, we thought we'd embrace our faith and put a force spin on our monthly online event. We hope you can join us!

i2016-may-4-hangout_2.png

maythefourth.pngEarn the May the Fourth 2016 Badge

As you may know by now, our favorite way to commemorate special events is to hand out shiny new badges. @TaraM created a very unique one just for this occasion, which you can earn in two different ways:

1. Login to the community on May 4th and tune in to the Alteryx Hangout
  2. Let us know via comments below what your favorite movie/character/moment/memory is, and why.

Feel free to use text, haikus, memes, video, photos...whatever medium you prefer!

Join in the fun and share your love for Star Wars - fellow fans across the Alteryx Community will thank you for it!

May the Fourth Be With You,

16 REPLIES 16
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Thanks @JulieH for the mention!  I'll be updating my Avatar (time permitting) for Cinco de mayo.  Today, I'll earn my new badge by attending the hangout and by sharing the quote, "I love you / I know".

As an added bonus, I'll show you my socks :)

May the Fourth be with you,

Mark

IMG_1423.JPG

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
cbridges
11 - Bolide

Favorite quote: "STOP TAKING MY HAND!"

So, this happened last December...

https://youtu.be/Wo6EU_sqVdk

@thizviz
JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

LOVE LOVE LOVE @MarqueeCrew @cbridges !! And it did NOT disappoint. Smiley Very Happy  Rey is officially the new favorite kickass woman hero in our home as well. Thank you for sharing!

Can't WAIT to see what else our community members have hidden up their sleeves today (or shoes).

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

I wasn't approved to take the trip to San Diego, and my mastery of the Force is not such that I can employ Jedi mind tricks... but I'll still make my favorite moment for today: Obi-Wan in the original movie telling the Stormtroopers "These are not the droids you're looking for.... you can go about your business.... move along."

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

While a little too close to the truth, always liked "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent" (Qui-Gon Jinn)

Looking forward to the hang out...

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

My favorite memory is buying all the vhs movies for my birthday and staying up with my friends to watch all of them. Not sure I could watch all of them in a row now...

erik_miller
7 - Meteor

My favorite memory has to be seeing Return of the Jedi in the theater. It was the first movie I saw in a theater. I don't remember a whole lot about watching the movie itself, but what I do remember is taking my Yoda puppet with me and throwing him all over the place in the theater before the movie. Ah, good times, good times.

StephanieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I have a tie for my favorite Star Wars movies: Empire Strikes Back & The Force Awakens! I saw TFA 5 times in the theatres and I am not ashamed. Smiley Very Happy

Stephanie Meryweather, Sales Productivity Coordinator
As the Sales Productivity Coordinator, Stephanie is focused on making sales team more productive and successful through process improvement and on-going training. She has had over 6 years in the technology space supporting sales reps and Channel Partners through Sales Operations and Enablement roles.
BrianO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

"Never tell me the odds!"

:)