Right now, the power to solve new global challenges across industries, is at your fingertips, no matter where you're working from. Create a new topic or reply to an existing thread to share your perspective.

Industry Discussions

Share resources, connect with others, and discuss industry-specific challenges.

Mapping Layers & Effectively Deploying Alteryx at an Agency

alv728
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Marketing UG Members!

We really appreciate and thank everyone who attended our Q1 Marketing User Group meeting on March 26th! Additional thanks to our talented speakers, @jarrod, Chief Analytics Officer at Kristalytics, and @bryanbumgardner, Senior Data Scientist at Digitas.

RECAP

"Find inspiration in uncommon places to create new uses for Alteryx. For me, I wanted to find out how to identify the best neighborhoods for trick or treating. Using a combination of directory files to find mapping layers, batch macros and Calgary tools, I am able to focus on the best streets to walk down to get the king size candy bars."

JARROD THUENER, KRISTALYTICS

Trick or Treat: Using Analytics to Maximize Candy Yield

AUG_slide2.png

AUG_slide1.png

Following the use case, a few Alteryx announcements were made:

• Inspire will be taking place on June 10-14, 2019 in Nashville, TN. Alteryx is looking for speakers with use cases! If you are interested in presenting, please submit your request to the Alteryx Community Team by Friday, January 4th, 2019. If selected, you will receive a free pass to Inspire 2019!
  • If you missed any meetings, you can catch all recordings right on the Alteryx Community Page – Meeting Round up. All Industry User Group meetings are recorded and are available for replay.
  • For those Alteryx geeks who love to experiment, Alteryx has a BETA program where you can apply to test out the latest features and provide feedback!
  • Recently, Alteryx started an analytics podcast called Alter.Everything. All episodes are available on Community and on SoundCloud.

Our second talk gave us recommendations on building out Alteryx usage within marketing agencies with a scaled strategy for deployment. By recognizing the limitations of agency life, the gradual and strategic introduction encourages wide-scale adoption and encourages self-service analytics culture.

BRYAN BUMGARDNER, DIGITAS

Grassroots Alteryx: A Strategy for Alteryx Deployment at Decentralized Marketing Agencies

aug_slide3.png

aug_slide4.png

Grassroots:A Model for Rapid Alteryx Deployment, Part 1: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Lounge/Grassroots-A-Model-for-Rapid-Alteryx-Deployment-Pa...

FOLLOW UP

The Marketing User Group is always looking for speakers who would like to share their use cases. If presenting interests, you, please email cshernaman@alteryx.com

Let us know the topics you'd be interested in and what you are looking forward to most from this user group. Take a few moments to fill out our survey: 

Marketing Alteryx User Group leaders

1 REPLY 1
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great recap @alv728 ! Well done Marketing User Group! I can't wait to attend the next one!