Right now, the power to solve new global challenges across industries, is at your fingertips, no matter where you're working from. Create a new topic or reply to an existing thread to share your perspective.

Industry Discussions

Share resources, connect with others, and discuss industry-specific challenges.
SOLVED

Automating Reporting on Account Receivables

alyon
10 - Fireball

Hello, Tax, Audit, and Office of Finance User Group Members,

Thank you for attending the Q3 meeting on 9/30/2019!

We were joined by Anna Sgro of DCP Midstream, who walked us through two use cases and discussed her Alteryx journey and how she got started with Self-Service Analytics.

Anna Sgro, Supply Chain Transformation Manager, DCP Midstream

Anna first walked us through how she used Alteryx to assist with automating reporting on Account Receivables. She was able to reduce the manual work in the process, and utilized Alteryx to assist the end user with finishing the report.

clipboard_image_0.jpeg

clipboard_image_1.jpeg

Anna then walked us through her use case on Unreceived Liabilities. Using Alteryx, she was able to automate manual V-Lookups and SQL queries.

clipboard_image_2.jpeg

clipboard_image_3.jpeg

Thank you again Anna for your time presenting on these two use cases!

You too can share your work at the Tax, Audit, and Office of Finance UG!

The Finance User Group is always looking for presenters who would like to share their use cases. If presenting interests, you, please email usergroups@alteryx.com or reach out to one of the group leaders!

Alteryx Updates:

• Alteryx Inspire is in London!
    • Oct. 14th-17th
    • Hope to see you all there!
  • Tune in to the Alter Everything Podcast
    • Discussions and interviews with Analytics leaders and champions

Looking forward to seeing you again at our Q4 meeting TBA!!!

-Your UG Team

4 REPLIES 4
jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

@alyon 

Thanks for posting and sharing! I also work in the accountant's universe.

I'm curious how you your team save your processes for audits, etc.? Do you just save the workflows, do you have standard documentation?

This presentation was really insightful, and contained great use cases and ideas. Thankfully, I also work with a lot of separate tables and charts, and have been provided excel workbooks containing queries and macros to no end. This presentation really highlighted the capabilities of Alteryx, and the ease of moving from a legacy process.

Thank you,

SGolnik
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I am part of the Health Care user group leadership team and spotting this post is very timely for me as I am working on a project to automate the AR reporting related to billing of health insurance premiums for our groups and individual members. Thank you for sharing these use cases! Since this type of financial reporting is new for me it is nice to see from the slides that I am taking a similar approach! The video link is broken as this was originally posted some time ago, do you by any chance have another link? I would love to hear the whole talk.

Thanks,

Sarah

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @SGolnik , thanks for flagging! We are going to take a look at this and see if we can upload a good copy. Hang tight!!

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@SGolnik looks like the recording is back up!