Indianapolis, IN

Welcome to the Indianapolis User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

hi everyone I am soliciting support "Idea" on retaining last meta-data on certain tools

fharper
12 - Quasar

I am from the Tampa User group and I am seeking broad support for an idea.  I come to your group because your group joined the Tampa User group a year or so ago for a UG meeting and I see Patrick regularly in the community and know he is active.

I have put an idea, Allow-Last-Run-metadata-to-persist, in the idea section of the community and I am impatient in seeking support.  I encourage your members to review this in particular and regularly review the idea section to star and comment on the ideas presented as this is how Alteryx grows, evolves and improves to our benefit.

The issue is that some tools like unions, cross-tabs and others will lose meta-data if you click on them first thing on open of the flow causing frustration in having to run the flow to force meta-data generation then re-configure the settings.  additionally often changes to tools before these tools will have the same affect as auto-refresh hits those and first clears the existing meta-data and since it has no data in the stream to evaluate it does not rebuild the meta data.

I am seeking Alteryx to enhance these tools to not clear the meta-data that is there except when a flow is executed and has data in the stream to evaluate.

see link 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Allow-Last-Run-metadata-to-persist/idi-p/7321...

0 REPLIES 0