Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Indianapolis, IN

Welcome to the Indianapolis User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Welcome to the Greater Indianapolis User Group

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Welcome to the Greater Indianapolis User Group! My name is Patrick Digan @patrick_digan and I will be leading this group along with Dulton Moore @DultonM and Jarrod Thuener @jarrod.  As a way for everyone to get to know each other, reply with answers to the following questions:

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  2. How long have you been using alteryx?
  3. What Alteryx Tool/Feature do you like the most?
  4. What Alteryx Tool/Feature do you want to learn more about?

I'll start things off:

1. Patrick Digan. I work for an insurance company.

2. 1.5 years.

2. Batch macros-I can always find a way to sneak a batch macro into a workflow.

3. R-I've only scratched the surface, but I'm excited about being able to leverage the power of R in my alteryx workflows.

42 REPLIES 42
Isaac_Embree
5 - Atom

Hi everyone!

1.  My name is Isaac Embree.  I work in the insurance industry.

2.  Just started, so about 3 days now, though I haven't used it much at all yet.  I'm eager to use it more and learn more about what it can do!

3.  I like that you can view the data input and output for every object in the dataflow without having to create a physical output file or database table.

4.  I want to learn more about the Fuzzy Match tool.  I've done some fuzzy matching work with another enterprise tool that we own, so I'm very curious to see how Alteryx's Fuzzy Match compares.

mazinjaliwala
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Everyone.  I am the area enterprise account exec with Alteryx.  I am interested in learning more about user experiences and discussing/sharing use cases that might be helpful.

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?  Mazin Jaliwala with Alteryx, mjaliwala@alteryx.com
  2. How long have you been using alteryx? One year.
  3. What Alteryx Tool/Feature do you like the most?  The new Prescriptive tool.
  4. What Alteryx Tool/Feature do you want to learn more about?  This would be good to know from others.

tim_allen
5 - Atom

1. Tim Allen, medical devices

2. 5 years 

3. Outputs to Tableau - MarketBaskets

4. better understanding of the predictive and prescriptive tools

maxjohnson02
8 - Asteroid

Hello all!

1. My name is Max Johnson and I work in the insurance industry

2. 3 days

3. I'm still too green to choose a favorite

4. Any tool that can be leverage for data cleansing and standardization

CMazzoli
5 - Atom

Christopher Mazzoli - Insurance Industry

New to Alteryx

Know very little about this tool

aecorzine
5 - Atom
  1. Andy Corzine - Insurance
  2. Dabbled here and there for a couple years, but still consider myself a beginner
  3. Fuzzy match, user interface and features --- need to dig in more to learn about all that Alteryx can offer
  4. Interested in more automated features (coming from a VBA/event-driven, object oriented environment)
Jim_Kunce
5 - Atom

Hello all! I look forward to being part of this group.

1. Jim Kunce and I work in the insurance industry.

2. I have one month of Alteryx experience 60 times over.

3. The infinitely complex things you can do with just the filter, group, join, union and formula tools.

4. Macros and automation

ActuaryMatt
5 - Atom

1.  My name is Matt Morin and I work in the insurance industry.

2.  I have grossly underused Alteryx for years now.  Consequently, I am still a beginner by any measure.

3.  Please see my response to #2.

4.  I am interested in seeing how R integrates with Alteryx.

pkisor00
5 - Atom

1. My name is Paul Kisor and I work in the medical devices/diagnostice industry

2. I've been using Alteryx for 5.5 years

3. Macros, InDb tools

4. the Crew Runner macros

CFisher
5 - Atom

1. Christine Fisher. The insurance industry.

2. 3 years

3. The power and ease of use - even the most basic tools transform large amounts of complex data quickly & easily.

4. I'd like to first get a deeper understanding of the tools I've been exposed to, then branch out into the more complex tools.