Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Indianapolis, IN

Welcome to the Indianapolis User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Indianapolis Q1 2021 Meeting Recap

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'd say our first meeting of 2021 was a success!

We packed a whole lot of content into this short one hour meeting. First, guest speaker @joshuaburkhow gave us all the juicy details on design patterns and how to think like an architect in Alteryx. Next, each of the user group leaders presented the essentials for their favorite Spatial tools. These included the Create PointsPoly-Build & Poly-SplitTrade Area, & Spatial Process tools. We wrapped up with some Community updates (including news about the upcoming VIRTUAL INSPIRE)! 

Kenda_0-1616515367619.png

If you missed the meeting or just had such a great time that you'd like to watch it over and over, @FláviaB will be posting the recording shortly!

Additionally, we have one last ask of our awesome user group members! We want to know what topics you would be interested in for future meetings. Let us know in the comments which topics you would like to hear more about or if you'd like to make a presentation on one of these topics yourself! Here are some of the ideas we thought of, but feel free to expand and type in your own response if something else interests you:

•In-depth tool coverage (reporting tools, parsing tools, reporting tools, etc.)

•Connecting to data sources

•Building reports

•Spatial analytics

•Predictive analytics

•Learning RegEx

•Building Macros

•Building Apps

•Using Python

•Scheduling workflows

•Learning about upcoming features

•Alteryx Best Practices / Tips & Tricks

•How to use Alteryx Server

•How to upgrade Alteryx software

•Using Alteryx and Tableau together

Thank you all again, and we look forward to our next meeting!

Indianapolis Alteryx User Group Leadership:

Patrick Digan |  Patrick.Digan@medpro.com  | @patrick_digan 
Jarrod Thuener | Jarrod@kristalytics.com | @jarrod 
Dulton Moore | Dulton.Moore@medpro.com | @DultonM 
Kenda Sanderson | Kenda.Sanderson@medpro.com | @Kenda 

8 REPLIES 8
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Attached is the slide deck from the meeting, for reference. 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks for the recap @Kenda! My spatial process workflow and pdf are attached. As @joshuaburkhow mentioned, there are some good articles out there if you want to learn how to use the alteryx server api from excel or from alteryx designer (including my api runner in the gallery).

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Attached is my Trade Area workflow with examples and potential use cases listed! 

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Thanks Kenda!!

Here's my Poly Split/Build example that allows the user to remove holes in spatial objects.

Buhler
5 - Atom

My vote is loops in Alteryx. Specifically "for loops." 🙂

-Brad

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Agreed @Buhler 

For Loops, While Loops and when to use them.

Oddly enough, I'm writing up a piece about them this week 😉

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hmm sounds like we have both a topic and a presenter for our next meeting already 😉 @jarrod 

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi everybody!

Here is the recording for the meeting. And @Kenda, good call on the next presenter and topic for next meeting. 😁

Flávia Brancato