The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Other ways of closing threads

Currently the only way that a thread can be closed on the discussion boards is if it's solved, however there are several cases where it cannot be solved because it's identified a defect, or something that would be an idea for the product.

In these cases, can we have an option to close this thread (so that folk can see it's done) even if it's not solved with a different closure indicator?

I can think of a few:

- Transfer to idea

- Transfer to defect/bug

- Abandoned

3 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Having looked closer at the Lithium API:

- this may be partner dependant (on the Lithium team)

- for things that are just a posting like "this is what I've found", we can move these to knowledge base.

JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hey @SeanAdams, I can certainly see your point here. I'm going to review this with my team further to see what makes sense. I'll comment back whenever I have some news.

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

On the surface, I understand the want for this idea to be implemented, but logistically this would be incredibly difficult and require a lot of meticulous work on the part of our moderators as well as other community members.  Because of the extra time involved, as well as our intention for different types of posts to be individually created (ie, bugs and defects going to support), I'm moving this to Not Planned.