The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Community Translate Function

The Alteryx community serves many people across many continents.  When a user posts a comment or wants to read a post, there should be an option to "Translate" the post to their preferred language.

Cheers,

Mark

7 Comments
BrianO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

🙂

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

As of Alteryx Community version 4.2, registered members are able to translate content into French, German, and English via the drop down menu located near the top of discussions, blogs, and the Alteryx Knowledge Base. We also have plans to deploy support for additional languages and expand into other areas of the community in the future. 

We want to set proper expectations that the quality of translated content may vary. The good news is that the infrastructure we’ve put in place will allow us to evolve the speed and quality of translations we can deliver as new advancements of the tech become available.

Note: At this time, you must be logged into your community account to leverage the translation feature.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

bonnes nouvelles pour tout le monde

MPohlers
8 - Asteroid

I like the general possibility for the translation. This can be really helpful for people not as fluent in English.

But please stop translating without asking. I want to read the original English post although I am German. Now I have to manually change the language for every single community page and also whenever I clicked on something in a page like "Go to Solution".

I would like to be able to set a default or completely disable it if possible.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Danke!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: New Idea

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented