Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Ability to change the e-mail address associated with Community

TWIMC,

I am taking a new position with a different company and therefore will have a new email. I would like to have the access to all of the posts and knowledge accociated with my current postition's e-mail. However, at this point, the only way to associate with a new e-mail is to create a new community account. This means I will lose all the inertia associated with my old account-- what a bummer! 

Cheers, 

John

23 Comments
ThizViz
11 - Bolide

I'm going to add more than my 2 cents here.

I'm really on the fence as to whether community IDs should be associated with an INDIVIDUAL or with an EMAIL address, and here's why:

People change jobs. I changed jobs, and it created quite the conundrum with my Alteryx community profile. That's why my signature says "Trust me, I'm really a Bolide" LOL.

It was at that point I chose to change my profile to use an email address that is MINE not my job's.

But there are down sides - it's harder for people to know where I work, it's inconvenient to manage community subscriptions (I'd far rather have them coming to my work inbox than looking like I'm playing on my phone), etc.

And then you toss in the whole profile being tied to a license stuff... ugh.

This falls under the same umbrella as almost all my Alteryx ideas: MAKE.IT.EASIER. Thanks ;-)

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

@LeahK 

Would it help to allow more than one email address per user, one personal, one business?

I could register on the community with my personal email address, which allows me to keep my ranking and badges if I move to a different company.

If I change jobs, I could just change my business email which would hopefully take care of the licensing issues.

Right now I'm registered on the Community with my personal email address, so I don't have access to the online support portal.

Allowing me to add my business email to my profile could also grant me access to the support portal, under my company's license.

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi, I second @ChrisTX 

Ultimately the account should be correctly linked to the person behind it.

In Asia, the work email address is sometimes linked to the title e.g. CEO_PA@company.com is not an uncommon sight. 

So the ability to link both to the personal email and the work email is indeed attractive and echo Alteryx's MAKE.THINGS.EASIER philosophy.

Dawn.

JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Just wanted to provide an update here - the ability to self-service email changes is on our roadmap and we are targeting release of this ability later in the year. Please stay tuned for more info as we get closer to finalizing a launch date!

laura2
6 - Meteoroid

@JeffS Speaking as someone who recently changed their name and therefore company e-mail address, self-service e-mail changes would be greatly appreciated!

kaianderson
8 - Asteroid

Is this still in the works for release in the next few months?

JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @kaianderson and all -

The timeline to implement is to be determined at this stage. We are working hard to bring this feature to our users but we do not have a definitive date yet. Should you require your email address to be changed in the meantime, don't hesitate to contact us at community [at] alteryx [dot] com

Jeff

Buzz
8 - Asteroid

What's the status? We are currently in a carve out procedure and a lot of our Alteryx users will get new email signatures.

yingdigital
5 - Atom

Once profile transferred, will my active certificate be allocated to new profile? 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Coming Soon

This feature is going to be included in our new My.Alteryx SSO functionality so users will be directly able to update their emails to all associated sites. Thank you all for your patience and we're excited to share this feature, along with our new SSO, with you in the near future!