Houston, TX

Welcome to the Houston User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Looking to Increase Proficiency? Training with a Buddy may help...

ChrisK1
7 - Meteor

Hello!

I have been using Alteryx for a while now, but I find myself hitting blocks at times where the advanced side of the house doesn't come so quickly when scoping out projects, etc. This leads to less dynamic configuration and increased amount of development/maintenance time. The Weekly Challenges are great for getting into the targeted small data set sizes (at least that I've seen...let me know if I'm off and I'll check a larger challenge!) but I'm looking to move lots of data through tools like Dynamic Replace and wondering if anyone else is doing the same? I exercise physically with someone else to get better...we push each other in the gym, find pointers, watch the other's technique, etc....I figured...why not with data also? I'm looking for someone in the Houston area who would like to connect and bounce generic ideas for data manipulation, transformation, ETL, regex logic statements, dynamically creating object database structure from field mapping documents (and regex formula conversion for field type/length...this is my favorite one to do right now!!!), using custom Python tools, etc.

Hoping to find someone who is either Advanced certified, or at least pushing for it hard, as the techniques and tools I am focusing on are Advanced-Expert. I know everyone is at a different walk/path but hoping to find 1-2 regular buddies who can find 1-2 hours a month to connect and talk about Alteryx concepts learned. Do reply if you're interested!

2 REPLIES 2
Allixnphilbrick
5 - Atom

Hello!

I’m interested in connecting! I’ve been building out dynamic workflows and reviewing/enhancing peers workflows for a few years. I deff see an improvement in my process when I have someone to bounce ideas off of. I’m in the Dallas area but I travel to Houston often. Feel free to reach out to me at allixcphilbrick@gmail.com! 

Residue
5 - Atom

I'm in the Houston Area currently studying for the Core Exam hoping to make it to Advance sometime this year as well