Healthcare

Enter the (Data) Dragons

NPT
8 - Asteroid

Alright, here's the run down on me and the Symphony team, known as the "Data Dragons" (long story on the name, ask me about it at Inspire)...

1. What is your name and company, where are you located?

My name is Nathan Patrick Taylor.  I'm based out of Chicago, IL.  I work at Symphony Healthcare along with another group member, Eduardo Segovia Jr. (@esegovia).  Just call him "JR" but don't call him Junior.

I'm also an adjunct faculty member and senior lecturer at Benedictine University in the Graduate Business Analytics program. 

2. How do you currently use Alteryx?

We use Alteryx to pull data from our EMR, CMS, third-party vendors, websites, and FTP.  I'm on the clinical side and JR is on the financial side.  We also have Server where we host analytic apps that users can run to reconcile billing, get in-house census data, and a laundry list of various other information.

We also use DataRobot and PowerBI extensively. 

3. What areas would you like to grow in?

As the Sever admin, I want to learn more about it.  That's where other members (like @Coxta45) can help.  We are strong in the predictive area so I'll trade some predictive knowledge for Server knowledge. 

I also want to build super cool analytic apps.

4. What are your favorite weekend activities?

I'm an ex-tennis pro (no ATP Tour points but I did win prize $... so hey that counts) and I still play for fun and exercise twice a week.   I also have two young boys with lots of energy so you can usually catch us playing at the park on weekends. 

4 REPLIES 4
charity_wilson
7 - Meteor

Would love to pick your brain on the clinical side of predictive analytics.  Just finished a class on Economics of Health.  My classmate and I tried to do some analysis on the quality of physicians.  It was impossible, given the data that was publicly available. 

NPT
8 - Asteroid

Hi Charity,

Sounds like a fun class project!  JR and I used to create quite a few internal provider reports for small ambulatory clinics. Of course, it's much easier when you own the data and it's easily accessible.  I'd love to chat about clinical predictive analytics as well.  Any chance you are going to Inspire?  If not, we can see about getting it added to our group agenda for an upcoming meeting.

~ Nathan

charity_wilson
7 - Meteor

Nathan,

Would love to talk about one of my favorite topics! 

Yes, I will be at Inspire.  I'm in the Grand Prix.  (That was an utter surprise, and shock.) 

NPT
8 - Asteroid
Congrats on the Grand Prix! We'll make sure to cheer on a fellow healthcare analyst!