Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Healthcare

AHRQ v2018 Alteryx Modules from Discharge Data

kuljisd
7 - Meteor

Hello All!

My name is Dominick Kuljis, a healthcare research data analyst at Colorado Hospital Association! Our organization is a part of the HIIN (Hospital Improvement Innovation Network) and a couple of their measures (Falls, Sepsis, VTE) use the AHRQ v2018 definitions which pulls from our discharge data using ICD 10 Diagnosis and Procedure Codes. On the AHRQ website they have SAS modules for each of these measures and was wondering if we could do something similar with Alteryx?

I have created a couple workflows for some of the AHRQ measures (Thank you AliKat for the springboard!) and was wondering if others have already created these AHRQ v2018 data pulls or not. I would be happy to share my Alteryx modules to anyone who is using these AHRQ definitions! :D 

Dom 

10 REPLIES 10
karlyhedrick
5 - Atom

Hi Dom,

I'd love if you would be willing to share the AHRQ modules you've developed! We've been working on some here at Mosaic Medical, but they would take quite a bit of clean up to get in sharing order. :)

Thanks,

Karly

kuljisd
7 - Meteor

Karly,

Awesome! Yes i think mine will also take some cleaning up...What version of AHRQ measures are you building in Alteryx?

Dom

karlyhedrick
5 - Atom

We are focused on PQI 90 Overall Composite and the measures it includes.

Here's the link: https://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/Modules/PQI_TechSpec_ICD10_v2018.aspx

Which measures are you building?

Thanks,
Karly

kuljisd
7 - Meteor

Karly,

Ahhhh T.T I am building the Patient Safety Indicators in Alteryx. The PSI measures we are building are PSI 12, 13, 17, 18, 19. 

I am so sorry :( 

Dom

kailintu
5 - Atom

We've worked on PSI's  3, 4, 6, 9, 12, and 13.

I believe we also have the TJ complications measure as well.  

kailintu
5 - Atom

Why not use the SAS or WINQI software to get the data?  We are currently looking at the WINQI software.

The specs for these measures are not very clear at times and we did identify one issue that needed to be corrected.

kuljisd
7 - Meteor

Kailintu, you do bring up a good point for using the WINQI software to pull all the PSI or PQI Measures from ARHQ. We do no have access to SAS. Please let me know what your experience is using the WINQI software! 

I have attached the PSI 12, 17, 18, 19 along with Colorado Hospital Association's data dictionary which details what each column in the excel holders mean! I hope this helps others! 

Regards,

Dom

kailintu
5 - Atom

Thanks.  We need to do some work to share our PSI workflows.  Will post when ready.  

We will also share our assessment of the WINQI software.

kailintu
5 - Atom

We have been reviewing the data from the WINQI software and we feel this is the best route going forward.  It has the feature to automate the load and report generation of PSI results.  

If you are still interested in our PSI workflows let me know.  We will need to prep them as we are loading data from our data warehouse.