Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

What we're doing during lockdown - Recreating famous art

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Here at Javelin Group we have team meeting twice a week during lockdown to make sure everyone is kept up to date with current and future workload, but more importantly, so everyone stays connected. One idea that I implemented was to ensure that at least 15 minutes of each meeting was dedicated to a fun task, activity or competition. To date we have had:

• Mentimeter Quiz - Each team member submitted one question
  • Mentimeter Quiz - Each team member submitted one fact and one lie
  • Guess the Baby Quiz - Baby photos for team members to identify
  • Guess who's Bodypart - Don't Ask!
  • Recreate the famous art which would be voted on by the team (More below!)
  • And Thursday's is to recreate a recent viral TikTok dance routine (Blinding Lights, Foot Touch Routine or Shuffle Step)

The winner (or next highest place already hosted) of the previous competition chooses and runs the next comp each time, so gets everyone involved!

I wanted to share these as they have been a brilliant way in bringing the team together, ensuring there's some fun competition between us and making sure we all have a giggle at least twice a week.

We've got lots of other ideas for future sessions including:

• Find the item (e.g. the quiz master will say you have to find an item in your house that "begins with the letter Z", "is striped (but cannot be worn)", etc.
  • Music Quiz - Guess the intro
  • Poetry Reading
  • Art attack - an image is shared an each member has to draw the item live in 5/10 minutes
  • Through the keyhole - a tour of house (not a competition!)
  • View from a window - Guess who's view it is
  • Some found of card game (higher or lower maybe)

Please feel free to take these ideas to your teams and even better discuss your favourite and new ideas here!

FYI - Mentimeter & Kahoot are a great way of hosting virtual interactive quizzes and voting, or simple SurveyMonkey or GoogleForms can also be used!

I wanted to show you our famous artist recreations as this have been my favourite to date and I would love to see what the fabulous Alteryx community can come up with!

Before I share our wonderful creations, here is where the idea came from for some inspiration: https://www.designboom.com/art/getty-museum-self-isolation-recreate-famous-artworks-03-30-2020/

I'll let you know who won from our internal vote in a few days which was judged based on: 

• Likeness to the original
  • Creativity
  • Effort vs Impact (minimal effort for maximum impact is best)

Which is your favourite?

A big shout out to this weeks quiz master @chris_ramsay_dup_425 for the idea and art gallery below!

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide6.JPG

Slide7.JPG

Slide8.JPG

Slide9.JPG

Slide10.JPG

Slide11.JPG

Slide12.JPG

Slide13.JPG

Slide14.JPG

Joe Lipski
22 REPLIES 22
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Wow, you've all taken it up a level! I LOVE all of the album covers!

Last week we had an MTV style Cribs house tour where Shaun made a 7 minute video touring his house, with self made music and we had to answer questions about things in the video, including strategically placed Alteryx things.

Joe Lipski
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

My top Spotify played album was Hamilton. And it's also my favorite musical at the moment. 🙂

220px-Hamilton_cast_recording_cover.jpegIMG_0061.JPG

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

LOL! 

This is awesome! I think that the current situation our country is in is bringing us closer together; allowing us to learn more about what are colleagues within and across industries are doing during the pandemic! 

‘I’m definitely inspired by your post to share more of what keeps me busy!

Labels