This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Firstly, let me say I love your weekly challenges! Its the best way to learn. Now for someone who is just getting started out on solving the challenges and maybe preparing for the Core cert exam, it would be great if:
1. there could be a personal page for challenges attempted in a tabular format
2. that you could sort per your wishes with a check mark against ones attempted.
3. Maybe space for notes against each one that allows you to quickly go back to the one on 'Datetime' as an example to go over how the tool is used.
there are often more than one way to solve a task. For a person learning how to use the tools, it is very helpful to see such examples. Unfortunately, there is no functionality to filter the types of solutions, not to mention that not every solution thrown is in line with the expected result.
For me "nice to have":
a) the latest answers at the beginning, because along with the development of the tool, certain tasks become easier over time.There are examples when people find it difficult to get what the challenge checks because while they are solving it, using already upgraded tools with more developed functionalities, the challenge stops being an problem.
b) requirement past to participant to validate his own result and show proof of correctness
c) I would love to have challenges divided into "tough nuts to crack" from real life situation and the other group, in the opposite, something like "funny friday" where there is a logic puzzle to solve using Alteryx
Beside the all above, great challenges - thanks for great opportunities to grow.
Weeky Challenge is a great initiative to help people learn the tools as well as to tackle different problems. By seeing the solutions of other people, we get a whole new perspective of solving an issue. Here are my 2 cents to improve the program.
1. Come up with a way, a user can post idea of the weekly challenge. I can understand the difficulties involved. But some user might not prefer to send these ideas over email.
2. In order to increase the participation, the time of starting of weekly challenge should be changed every week so that people from different parts of the world will get the best time to solve.
3. Come up with some matrix like time taken to solve the challenge based on time between download of the input data and upload of the answer. Also as some other friends suggested, the challenge stats should be made available in the profile page.
4. There should be some mechanism to detect malpractices in submitting solutions and strict action has to be taken against such users.
5. Possibility to list the top 10 participants who completed the previous challenge to be displayed.
I am working through the ADAPT program and so grateful for this opportunity to learn a new skill! With no data science background it has been a lot to learn but a lot of fun as well. I have been working on challenges trying to get practice, but some challenges that are labeled beginner are fairly complicated to me and I don't succeed at them all.
I would love if there was a way to label some of the challenges as both Beginner, and by tool. For example, I would like to practice using the CrossTab and Transpose tools, but I don't know if the challenge I choose on any given day will contain them.
I realize that by tagging specific tools you would be "giving away" that aspect of the challenge. I guess I'm looking for a more targeted or systematic way to practice my areas that need improvement. Thank you again!