General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Right licence for scheduling Alteryx workflows

Kawalpreet
5 - Atom

Hello Team,

I'm having a Alteryx designer licence which we purchased last year and designed some workflows. Now there is a dependency on me to run these workflows and in case I'm not available at work, these workflows cannot be run and we miss to deliver the required reports.

I was thinking of buying a separate Alteryx scheduler licence which can run these workflows automatically without my intervention. However I learnt that scheduler will run only if I'm logged-in on machine and if I'm offline it won't run. Is that right ?, if yes what could be the best possible solution to remove the dependency of running these workflows.

Looking forward for help from community members.

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Kawalpreet,

I would recommend reaching out to Support@alteryx.com relating to this topic, they can help you determine your best course of option, and put you in touch with your Alteryx sales rep when a plan is set up.

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
cbeltiii
6 - Meteoroid

Desktop Scheduler uses a Run As User for the controller jobs. You don't need to be logged into the machine for them to run. We use Scheduler on three separate virtual desktops and are evaluating server / hub at this point. It's a logical expansion from desktop to desktop scheduler to server.

Keep in mind that Alteryx is having issues with virtual desktop based scheduler licenses and seems to be trying to disable them. Which is driving our management bananas.

Labels