Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer Advanced Certification

j_acon
9 - Comet

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering, does anyone what does the "Alteryx Designer Advanced Certification" meant to cover?

Unlike the Core Certification, the "Advanced Certification" doesn't mention intended Audience or Skill Measure. It would be nice to know.

Thanks

James 

15 REPLIES 15
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Analytics-Blog/Announcing-the-Alteryx-Product-Certification-Program... has all the details.

Having done mine this month, I'd say was pretty accurate to list of topics.

j_acon
9 - Comet

Thanks for the reply

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Just taken and passed the advanced exam on the third attempt. 

I really enjoyed the case study questions at the end, as it's good to work with the tool instead of just having an in depth knowledge of the options you can select within the tool (what the first certification exam covers). Although I found at first attempt the spatial tools dominated the case study questions and I don't really use those in my role but it was fun learning them.

For those looking to do the exam, it is a split of 40 x 1 mark questions and 4 x 10 mark questions (where you score either 0 or 10). So to achieve the 80% pass mark it really helps to get all 4 of the 10 mark questions right or otherwise you can't afford to drop many points in the earlier questions.

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
JacobR77
8 - Asteroid

Same here.

My advice is to skip to the end, nail the 4 big questions then go back through the 1 mark questions. 

Reporting, Gallery, and Spatial probably the topics that came up most frequently for me.

DanHare
11 - Bolide

It's tough - I just passed mine tonight =)

As always, Weekly Challenges are the key to get comfortable with Spatial and Iterative.

That and being quick with alteryx to answer the 1 point questions!

papalow
8 - Asteroid

@DanHare

Thanks for the suggestion on preparing for the exam.  I have signed up for the advance certification exam and expect I will need to stretch a little before I pass.  I have found the Weekly Challenges to be great for learning many tools.  

DanHare
11 - Bolide

The great thing about the exams is that you get 3 go's and no-one finds out what marks you got !

So, don't tell anyone when you take it for the first time.

You will find out lots of things that you either don't know, or at least not as well as you think, that you can research before resitting the exam.

I don't know anyone who passed it first time.

papalow
8 - Asteroid

@DanHare 

Thank you for recommending the weekly challenges as a way to prepare for the Advanced Exam.  This suggestion proved very helpful, especially when I practiced doing several in a sitting.  In the two weeks before the exam I completed 14 challenges.  On my best day I completed 4.  And yes, I did complete the advanced exam last night.  

princejindal
9 - Comet

It's challenging and fun. I earned it today.

A good way to prove your Alteryx skills!

Labels