Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Advice for Designer Advanced Certification

Sntrada
11 - Bolide

Hi guys, 

I started using and studying Alteryx in late May. I was able to pass my core certification within two weeks and on my first try. Now I am aiming to attempt, and pass the advanced certification. 

Looking at the study guide, I am freaking out a bit! The only good resource I have found is the exam prep video series found here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Advanced-Certification-Prep-Part-I/td-p/351816

Besides this, does anyone have advice, or additional resources to help me ace the exam?

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
wwatson
12 - Quasar

There is a really good Certification Preparation Guide available. I found it really useful. It gives all the info you need about the exam and guidance on which weekly challenges and videos to watch. There is also has a series of Advanced Exam prep videos available to.

All available from the Academy section of the Community.

wwatson_0-1595599743765.png

Good Luck

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

As @wwatson suggested, the exam prep guide was super helpful. It lists specific interactive lessons and weekly challenges to help you practice and identify areas where you may need more attention.

The video series you mentioned looks great - I didn't watch them (I think they were added right around the time I did my advanced certification), but will use them when I re-certify soon!

My advice would be practice, practice, practice. Since the advanced exam contains practical questions (where you need to build a workflow to answer), you'll want to understand the material well enough to be able to build the workflows (and troubleshoot them) quickly.

Labels