General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

You're invited to our Halloween Party!

JessL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Happy.png

You didn’t think we were going to get through the spooky season without celebrating on the Alteryx Community, did you? This year we decided to kick off our Halloween Scavenger Hunt on the big day itself and made the hunt even bigger!

Like last year, the ghosts seem to be hanging out around specific buttons and links around the Alteryx Community having their own Halloween part (links that seem to be pretty important for a holistic community experience for our members, no less). The ghosts seem to be hosting their own Halloween parties and we need the help of the community to find them! There seem to be nine posses of poltergeists throughout the community, and you'll know you've found them when you hover over a link or a button and they pop out to say hello!

Remember when I said this year’s Halloween Scavenger Hunt would be bigger than last year? Some of our candy corn friends wanted to join in on the fun and are hoping to see you! You can find the sweet treats around pieces of content (blog articles, podcasts, resources) on the community. The candy corns love learning and chose their eight favorite content (some new favorites) pieces that they want you to read or listen to!

ScavengerHunt_CandyCorn.png

Wondering how to participate? First, choose if you want to hunt for the ghosts or candy corn or both! Then, keep a list of where the ghosts/candy corn are located. Once you’ve found them all, respond to this thread with their locations! Now, in the spirit of fun, don't forget to add a spoiler to your answer so others can still enjoy the hunt. We'll be sure to shout out all of you that participate and area able to locate our spooky friends before the game of digital ghostbusting ends on November 4.

If you choose to complete ONE of the hunts, you will get a Halloween costume applied to your Alteryx Community avatar designed by our own @KylieF! When you post your list of locations, include which of the following costumes you would like applied to your avatar. We will be updating avatars at the end of each day.

COSTUMES (pictured below L to R)

• Megaman X

• Swamp Creature

• Frankenstein

• Mummy

• Witch

• RX-78-2 Gundam

• Candy Corn Monarch

• Bone Collector

• Bat
  • UFO
  • Plumber

Costumes.png

I know there are many of you high achievers out there who are asking “well Jess, what if I want to complete both scavenger hunts?!?” For all community members who complete both hunts, you will get your choice of costume on your avatar AND an exclusive Halloween 2022 badge for your Community profile showing off that you were able to locate all ghosts and candy corns! The badge was designed by our own @mikecusic  and features one of our cute ghosty friends!

Don’t worry if you are struggling to find our spooky friends! I’ll add some hints over the course of the week here to help you all out. Have fun everyone and Happy Halloween!

HINT 1

Time for our first hint! One place the ghosts are partying is where you would go to ask a question about Designer. And the candy corn? Go to the most recent thing you would listen to and you'll spot some! 

HINT 2

It's time for another hint! Some ghosts are partying near a button that makes it possible to stay up to date on new Machine learning & data science content for beginners and experts alike. One group of candy corn are loving the Alteryx Community so much that they are trying to start their own user group.

HINT 3

It's time for the final hint! Another place the ghosts seem to like to hangout is where a lot of students would be, they would like to join their group. Despite not having hands of their own, some of the candy corn are congregating around an area of the Community where members new to Designer and the Alteryx Community can "get your hands dirty".

Jessica Long
Online Community Manager
Alteryx
32 REPLIES 32
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Thank you @JessL and @KylieF for this really fun scavenger hunt 😀

Hunting so close to the deadline that I thought I was gonna miss it 😅

Ghosts 👻:

Spoiler

Candy🍬:

Spoiler

Happy Halloween 👻. I choose Plumber like Mario 🍄

JessL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for your participation everyone, the hunt is officially closed for the year! See you all again next Halloween for some more spoooooky fun! 

via GIPHY

Jessica Long
Online Community Manager
Alteryx
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

At with this our spooky ghosts and candy corn have returned to their homes for another year! Thank you all for participating, for the folks who finished both hunts, don't fret about the badge we'll be getting that distributed out next week!

And for our late batch of costumes!

@Jean-Balteryx 

Jean-Balteryx_Costume.png

@atcodedog05 

atcodedog05_halloweencostume.png