Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

You're invited to our Halloween Party!

JessL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Happy.png

You didn’t think we were going to get through the spooky season without celebrating on the Alteryx Community, did you? This year we decided to kick off our Halloween Scavenger Hunt on the big day itself and made the hunt even bigger!

Like last year, the ghosts seem to be hanging out around specific buttons and links around the Alteryx Community having their own Halloween part (links that seem to be pretty important for a holistic community experience for our members, no less). The ghosts seem to be hosting their own Halloween parties and we need the help of the community to find them! There seem to be nine posses of poltergeists throughout the community, and you'll know you've found them when you hover over a link or a button and they pop out to say hello!

Remember when I said this year’s Halloween Scavenger Hunt would be bigger than last year? Some of our candy corn friends wanted to join in on the fun and are hoping to see you! You can find the sweet treats around pieces of content (blog articles, podcasts, resources) on the community. The candy corns love learning and chose their eight favorite content (some new favorites) pieces that they want you to read or listen to!

ScavengerHunt_CandyCorn.png

Wondering how to participate? First, choose if you want to hunt for the ghosts or candy corn or both! Then, keep a list of where the ghosts/candy corn are located. Once you’ve found them all, respond to this thread with their locations! Now, in the spirit of fun, don't forget to add a spoiler to your answer so others can still enjoy the hunt. We'll be sure to shout out all of you that participate and area able to locate our spooky friends before the game of digital ghostbusting ends on November 4.

If you choose to complete ONE of the hunts, you will get a Halloween costume applied to your Alteryx Community avatar designed by our own @KylieF! When you post your list of locations, include which of the following costumes you would like applied to your avatar. We will be updating avatars at the end of each day.

COSTUMES (pictured below L to R)

• Megaman X

• Swamp Creature

• Frankenstein

• Mummy

• Witch

• RX-78-2 Gundam

• Candy Corn Monarch

• Bone Collector

• Bat
  • UFO
  • Plumber

Costumes.png

I know there are many of you high achievers out there who are asking “well Jess, what if I want to complete both scavenger hunts?!?” For all community members who complete both hunts, you will get your choice of costume on your avatar AND an exclusive Halloween 2022 badge for your Community profile showing off that you were able to locate all ghosts and candy corns! The badge was designed by our own @mikecusic  and features one of our cute ghosty friends!

Don’t worry if you are struggling to find our spooky friends! I’ll add some hints over the course of the week here to help you all out. Have fun everyone and Happy Halloween!

HINT 1

Time for our first hint! One place the ghosts are partying is where you would go to ask a question about Designer. And the candy corn? Go to the most recent thing you would listen to and you'll spot some! 

HINT 2

It's time for another hint! Some ghosts are partying near a button that makes it possible to stay up to date on new Machine learning & data science content for beginners and experts alike. One group of candy corn are loving the Alteryx Community so much that they are trying to start their own user group.

HINT 3

It's time for the final hint! Another place the ghosts seem to like to hangout is where a lot of students would be, they would like to join their group. Despite not having hands of their own, some of the candy corn are congregating around an area of the Community where members new to Designer and the Alteryx Community can "get your hands dirty".

Jessica Long
Online Community Manager
Alteryx
32 REPLIES 32
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Hi @KylieF Thanks for the costume! Of note: I haven't received a badge yet even though you stated that "if you finish both hunts you get a badge so if you haven't yet be sure to check back for hints". Is something going awry in the badge delivery process? I'll wait and see the badges appear in due time =)

NicolasSz
11 - Bolide

Thanks  @KylieF ,

I want the badge too so I went and look for those candy corns ahah.

Here is my answer : 

Spoiler
1. Tool Mastery Index
2. Alteryx Tips & Tricks
3. Starting with Snowflake in out db

4. Podcast #118 Alter.Everything
5. How to Build a New User Group
6. Onboarding page 3 of the Getting Started

7.  What Makes a Good Use Case? in Auto Insights
8. Alteryx & Excel Guide

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hey @KylieF it was good fun! Thanks for the Avatar!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@RWvanLeeuwen 

That's my bad I should have clarified, the badge will be given out at the end of the scavenger hunt so we can give it out to all our participants in one big batch! You should see it on your profile then!

@KylieF  I knew that you'd ensure it would work out. Cheers!

spingili
8 - Asteroid

Bat

Spoiler

Ghosts

Home>Ask a Question

Participate>Introduce Yourself
Participate>Designer Discussions> New Topic

Participate>Ideas>Community>Suggest an Idea

Community>Learn>SparkED | Education>Get Started>Join Group
Community>Gallery>Submit to Gallery
Podcasts>Subscribe
User Groups>Learn More
Blogs>Data Science>Subscribe

Candy

Community >Participate >Discussions >General >You're invited to our Halloween Party!

Community>Learn >Academy>Videos> Alteryx Tips and Tricks: Designing and Organizing Your Workspace

Community>Learn>Podcasts>Alter Everything> 118: Prescribed success plans with Alteryx

Community>Support>Knowledge>Designer>Tool Mastery Index
Community>Learn>Blogs>Engine Works>The Ins and Outs of In-Database, Starting with Snowflake
Community>Learn>Blogs>Engine Works> Auto Insights> What makes a good use case?
Community>Participate>Getting Started>Onboarding> Designer Onboarding 3: Getting Your Hands Dirty
Community>Participate>Getting Started>Community Resources> Alteryx & Excel Guide
Community>Groups & Events> User Groups> User Group Resources>How to Build a New User Group

JessL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

If you are having difficulties locating ghosts and candy corns, I've included 3 hints to help you out. Additionally, make sure you complete at least one scavenger hunt in order to receive a costume. 

Both scavenger hunts will close on Friday, November 4 at 5pm ET so make sure you get all your hunting done before then!

via GIPHY

Jessica Long
Online Community Manager
Alteryx
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Another round of costumes! Thank you again for participating!

@Sebastiaandb 

Sebastiaandb_Costume.png

@spingili  

spingili_costume.png

@KylieF Thanks for the awesome avatar!!!

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Avatars are really nice ! Nice work @KylieF !

And thank you for the hunt @JessL !

I'll go for the Bone Collector !

Ghosts

Spoiler
Capture d’écran 2022-11-04 à 08.27.15.png

Capture d’écran 2022-11-04 à 18.05.11.png

Capture d’écran 2022-11-04 à 18.10.55.png

Capture d’écran 2022-11-04 à 18.11.14.png

Capture d’écran 2022-11-01 à 19.52.03.png

Capture d’écran 2022-11-02 à 19.34.14.png

Capture d’écran 2022-11-02 à 21.11.39.png

Capture d’écran 2022-11-02 à 21.45.28.png