General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Workflow gets slower when run from Server (Sharepoint as a input/output)

JulianS1
5 - Atom
Hey all, 

I use sharepoint as a data storage in a project which is due to architecture constraint. The workflow runs smoothly in the designer but I run into problems when I upload my chained apps to the server. 

First when I upload the workflow it somehow shows different errors at different times. I work with a german version but translated it says something like “The remotename could not be solved - login.microsoftonline.com” or another error that is displayed is "cannot access the folder.

Somehow sometimes the upload does work and then I run into the issue that the workflow runs extremely slowly or even hits the current timeout. 

My hypothesis is that maybe a firewall is doing some checks on the incoming data which is slowing the process down? The upload error of no remote name could not be solved is maybe due to a media gap in handing over the sign-in data to Sharepoint?

My experience with Alteryx server is very limited and happy to hear any hints from you 🙂 !

Best,
Julian
2 REPLIES 2
JulianS1
5 - Atom

As a small update - I uploaded the same workflow to another gallery as well and there seems to be the same problem regarding performance. 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @JulianS1 

Sorry is this question based on Promote? Or Gallery/Server? I believe it to be Gallery so i'll answer accordingly:

You may be right!

Are you able to run the workflow on the servers designer?
Does it run okay on there?

I suspect it may be a firewall, or the service user does not have access to the sharepoint, maybe try the 'run as' functionality too::
https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/run-workflow-different-user

Hope This Helps!
TheOC

Bulien
Labels