Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

What is the conspiracy against the Standardized Z-score tool?

mst3k
11 - Bolide

The odd story of the Standardized Z-score tool - it's arguably "hidden" but the support articles behind it have disappeared too! Which sparked my curiosity. There are multiple forum threads asking for this exact tool that don't figure out it already exists. Given the folder it exists in, it's obviously a supporting macro built to go into some other standard predictive tool, I'm not sure which one. But this standardized z-score macro itself is useful enough it should be included in the tool palette too.

I accidentally removed it from a workflow I had previously managed to put it into, and then it took me half an hour to figure out where to find it again, even armed with the fore-knowledge that it existed. 

The other weird thing is that in the 2018 youtube video where I learned about it, there's results in the search bar for the Standardized Z-score tool, and it leads to a help.alteryx.com article. But those seem to be removed now, even though the Standardized Z-score tool is still packaged with the software

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

I don't typically delve into this type of data analysis, but I'm intrigued!

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @mst3k , the z-score macro certainly has a mysterious past! I can't provide any clues as to why, but I can say that the idea was accepted to the roadmap!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Add-Standardization-Z-Scores-to-Summarize-to...

Hopefully this will alleviate your pain points enough so that you won't be plagued with an unresolved conspiracy : )

@Luke_C  "this type of data analysis" lol

Labels