General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Welcome & Introduce Yourself

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Welcome to the General forum - we're so glad you’re here! 

Whether you've been part of the Maveryx Community for years, are brand new, or simply want to expand your network, you’ve come to the right place. Our goal is to provide a space where analytical-minded people can connect, engage, and learn in order to drive meaningful outcomes. As part of that, we encourage you to get to know your peers by introducing yourself on this thread!  

Introduce Yourself

Reply to this thread to introduce yourself to the Community. Let us know who you are, what you do, what expertise you have to share, what you may be looking for in this community, your hobbies...anything you'd like. What you share is up to you!

We look forward to meeting you!

Welcome your Peers & Network

As new introductions are posted, we encourage everyone to get to know new members by replying to each users introduction topic. Feel free to say hello and wish them a warm welcome, ask follow-up questions, or point them to Community resources to help guide them on their journey with Alteryx.

Please Follow the Rules of Engagement 

You're more than welcome to include a link to your business' website in your introduction post, however, please don't use the post to solicit new business. Per our Community Guidelines, solicitations and advertisements are not allowed on the site.

The purpose of the Introductions thread is to build connections with your Community peers and provide a space for you to get to know each other. If you have questions about the Alteryx Platform, please visit the appropriate Product discussion board.

If you'd like to get to know the Community Team, take a peek at their intros here

272 REPLIES 272
randygarcia12
5 - Atom

Hello, my name is Jacob Garcia and I am a student at Cal State University Fullerton, with a concentration in accounting. I am both eager and happy to learn more about Alter as one of my hobbies is to learn about new software and to continue developing me program skills!

SteveAyala
5 - Atom

Hello everyone, after looking at the videos explaining alteryx, it kind of reminds me of UI Path just on how Alteryx looks with a bit of PowerQuery.

NancyLe
5 - Atom

Hello all! I'm Nancy Le, and I'm an Accounting major at CSUF. Right now, I'm taking Acct 404 with Professor Morris, and I'm looking forward to discovering what Alteryx can do. It appears to be a really powerful program, kind of a mix of Tableau and Power Query from what I can tell. I'm eager to learn more about it to help me in my future work.

bpearson11
5 - Atom

Hi, I'm Brandon.  I am currently a college student majoring in accounting. I am enrolled in a class which teaches us basic literacy in emerging technologies in the field, I have very little to no experience with Alteryx.  I am looking forward to learning more about the software and would appreciate any general tips or tricks!  

dcastro911
5 - Atom

Hello, my name is David I am a student at CSUF with a focus on Accounting. I am attending a class to further my understanding about the technologies used in companies for accounting. This class is very interesting and feels like it will benefit me in the future when I apply for jobs in the near future. I am looking forward to learning alteryx and seeing how it is used in the real world.

RaulB28
5 - Atom

Hello everyone, my name is Raul Barajas and I am an Accounting student attending California State University, Fullerton. I am looking forward to learning Alteryx and developing new skills.

IPinedo
5 - Atom

Hello everyone. I'm currently a student at Cal State Fullerton. One of my hobbies is going on walks with my dog, he is a golden retriever and his name is Fozzie (like Fozzie Bear from the Muppets). So far I have found alteryx to be very insightful and interesting. I hope to be able come to this community for any questions that I might have on my journey of learning to Alteryx.

AManaloto
5 - Atom

Hi everyone, my name is Angela and I am currently a student at CSUF. I am gaining more insight into Alteryx through a class I am taking. I look forward to learning more about it and applying the skills I gain into the real world! 

Ronnie_123
5 - Atom

Hi everyone, I'm Ronnie. I'm currently a student at CSUF and excited to learn all about Alteryx and how to apply it to my classes and my future career. 

Dane_Pennington
5 - Atom

Hello everyone! My name is Dane Pennington and I am an accounting student at CSUF. I am learning Alteryx for the first time, and I wanted to ask to everyone: how long has it taken everyone to go from a beginner to feeling like a master at this software? Was practical, on-the-job application what helped you learn the most, or were there other resources that helped you learn the most?

Labels