This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
We are currently experiencing an issue with Email verification at this time and working towards a solution. Should you encounter this issue, please click on the "Send Verification Button" a second time and the request should go through. If the issue still persists for you, please email email@example.com for assistance.
We are investigating on making some updates to the Weekly Challenge area on Alteryx Academy! What do you think some key improvements or enhancements you would like to see in the future? We wanted to hear from you!
I am really loving the challenges and yesterday attained my core certification - definitely an Alteryx fan now!!
1. I'd love to see some kind of personal tracker of challenges on my profile - I tried to download the tracker suggested but it didn't work.....
2. I know that there is no one "best solution", but I'm sure there are solutions that are better than others e.g. less tools used, less memory needed etc. I think it would be interesting to see a list of commonly used work-arounds and their one-tool solution alongside an example as a reference e.g. (very simple example) multiple formula tools showing different formulas vs one tool with all the formulas in and a critique of each method. There are better examples I am sure, but someone must have a better handle on the most commonly-used multi-tools-where-one-would-do!! I have discovered a few along the way - maybe I should start to list the ones that I have seen!! (am thinking of when I see a great nested expression in a formula tool that performs the action of a DateTimeParse tool plus filter plus formula....)
3. Prize badges for your Top 10 lists?
Keep up the great work - my next task is to translate an AR tool that I created in excel into Alteryx - wish me luck!! I will let you know how I get on and maybe it can become a weekly challenge!!
Providing weekly challenge recommendations based on challenges completed by a user. Since challenges completed may indicate a users area of interest, strength or comfort level with the tool, recommendations may be used to encourage stepping out of this comfort zone or used to point to challenges that can help reinforce the area of interest.
Another usage of this recommendation may be to encourage a user (with enough completed challenges) to take the appropriate certification exam.
Challenges could also be mapped to the relevant Alteryx certification requirement.
I want to be able to see all my completed challenges on my profile or something to indicate to me that I have completed a challenge.
Since many people start using Alteryx without having programing skills because of intuitive user interface of Alteryx, maybe it would be good for many beginners to have options to watch step-by-step video instructions on how to solve the weekly challenge. I have learned that being able to solve the weekly challenge is the most effective way to master Alteryx.
- I think it would be great if the weekly challenges can be listed out into a pathway aligned to the certifications. I have seen in the learning pathway for the advanced exam there is now a section linking to relevant weekly challenges.
- The idea of being able to thread on posts so people can comment and reply directly to a solution. As suggested by others it would be great to see conversations building off the way people are identifying cool ways to solve. At the moment the threads are just a long list of solutions which doesn't encourage any conversation or deeper review
- At work we adopt a variant of weekly challenges to encourage people to level-up on Alteryx. Instead of the current way questions are framed (here is an input can you reshape it to this output), we try and make the user come to a specific answer, such as who was the sales person with the highest proportion of yes respondents (an adaption of challenge 1). We also give a foundation, intermediate and advanced level question to solve in the data set, and give 1,2,3 points respectively for a correct answer. This means you could shift weekly challenges to auto score and keep a leaderboard on time to submit, most answers, best progression over a period of time which can then be awarded with community badges.
Chris Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
When replying to a weekly challenge, the checkbox on the right of the body requesting alerts to challenge responses should be unchecked as a standard instead of checked for each reply. I now receive alerts for all of those responding to the weekly challenge although they're not responding to me. When I went to edit and uncheck the box, the editorial version no longer has the box to uncheck. If possible, this should also be an option.
For the weekly challenges, we should have a "challenge ribbon" showing which challenges have been completed and which ones have not. Additionally, I do not know if there's someone who reviews the challenges to give us "credit" but if there is, then this should also be identified. At this time, I have to go to my profile to remind myself which challenges I've completed (not many but I'm getting there...slowly).