General Discussions

Discuss a wide range of topics! Questions about the Alteryx Platform should be directed to the appropriate Product discussion forum.

Weekly Challenge Improvement Ideas Wanted!

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I agree with Kelly. Please include categories in the index thread.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Firstly, let me say I love your weekly challenges! Its the best way to learn. Now for someone who is just getting started out on solving the challenges and maybe preparing for the Core cert exam, it would be great if:

1. there could be a personal page for challenges attempted in a tabular format

2. that you could sort per your wishes with a check mark against ones attempted.

3. Maybe space for notes against each one  that allows you to quickly go back to the one on 'Datetime' as an example to go over how the tool is used. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hello JoeM,

There should be topic or domain associated with each kind of problem and maybe if possible those can be used as a filter by the user to filter the challenges (historical)

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

there are often more than one way to solve a task. For a person learning how to use the tools, it is very helpful to see such examples. Unfortunately, there is no functionality to filter the types of solutions, not to mention that not every solution thrown is in line with the expected result.

For me "nice to have":

a) the latest answers at the beginning, because along with the development of the tool, certain tasks become easier over time.There are examples when people find it difficult to get what the challenge checks because while they are solving it, using already upgraded tools with more developed functionalities, the challenge stops being an problem.

b) requirement past to participant to validate his own result and show proof of correctness

c) I would love to have challenges divided into "tough nuts to crack" from real life situation and the other group, in the opposite, something like "funny friday" where there is a logic puzzle to solve using Alteryx

Beside the all above, great challenges - thanks for great opportunities to grow.

Highlighted
9 - Comet

Weeky Challenge is a great initiative to help people learn the tools as well as to tackle different problems. By seeing the solutions of other people, we get a whole new perspective of solving an issue. Here are my 2 cents to improve the program.

1. Come up with a way, a user can post idea of the weekly challenge. I can understand the difficulties involved. But some user might not prefer to send these ideas over email. 

2. In order to increase the participation, the time of starting of weekly challenge should be changed every week so that people from different parts of the world will get the best time to solve.

3. Come up with some matrix like time taken to solve the challenge based on time between download of the input data and upload of the answer. Also as some other friends suggested, the challenge stats should be made available in the profile page.

4. There should be some mechanism to detect malpractices in submitting solutions and strict action has to be taken against such users.

5. Possibility to list the top 10 participants who completed the previous challenge to be displayed.

Thank you